"One To Watch" via The Pipeline Show

Guy Flaming

Howdy.

I'm one of the hosts of The Pipeline Show. For those of you still unfamiliar with the radio program, our 2-hour show is on twice a week and we go year round. We are 100% prospect hockey and although we are based in Edmonton, we are NOT an Oilers, Oil Kings or even WHL centric program.

Anyway, if you don't know what we're about, check out the audio archive on the site (or Itunes, etc) for yourself and you'll see that we're all over the three CHL leagues, NCAA, USHL, AHL and CJHL too.

Our blog writing has been a bit slow over the last month or so and to rectify that I have started a new series. I'm calling it ONE TO WATCH and the premise is pretty simple. I'm going through all 30 NHL teams and spotlighting one prospect that I think is going to be very interesting to follow during the 2012-13 season.

It's not a look at who that organization's top prospect is but rather who has the best story lines around him heading into the new year. A brief explanation here.

The series began over the weekend. Here's what has been released so far:

Aug 4th: Winnipeg Jets
Aug 5th: Detroit Red Wings
Aug 5th: Phoenix Coyotes
Aug 6th: Montreal Canadiens
Aug 6th: Los Angeles Kings
Aug 7th: New York Islanders
Aug 7th: San Jose Sharks
Aug 8th: Carolina Hurricanes
Aug 8th: Columbus Blue Jackets
Aug 9th: Ottawa Senators
Aug 9th: Dallas Stars
Aug 10th: Philadelphia Flyers
Aug 10th: Edmonton Oilers
Aug 11th: Boston Bruins
Aug 11th: Minnesota Wild
Aug 12th: Florida Panthers
Aug 12th: St. Louis Blues
Aug 13th: Toronto Maple Leafs
Aug 13th: Anaheim Ducks
Aug 14th: New Jersey Devils
Aug 14th: Colorado Avalanche
Aug 15th: Tampa Bay Lightning
Aug 15th: Chicago Blackhawks
Aug 16th: Buffalo Sabres
Aug 17th: Calgary Flames
Aug 18th: Washington Capitals
Aug 18th: Nashville Predators
Aug 19th: Pittsburgh Penguins
Aug 20th: Vancouver Canucks
Aug 21st: New York Rangers

I'll update this post/thread as more come out. The above is a tentative schedule and could change slightly but it's the plan to release two a day - real life might get in the way but if so, I'll try and adjust the schedule here so you know. If you want your team's pick sooner as opposed to later, let me know. first come first serve.

These are just one guy's opinion and really every team has 3 or 4 guys with great stories so there isn't exactly a "wrong" answer. These are my picks; I'd be interested in hearing what yours would have been if they are different than mine.

Cheers!
- Guy
follow me on Twitter: @TPS_Guy

Last edited:

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Howdy.

I'm one of the hosts of The Pipeline Show. For those of you still unfamiliar with the radio program, our 2-hour show is on twice a week and we go year round. We are 100% prospect hockey and although we are based in Edmonton, we are NOT an Oilers, Oil Kings or even WHL centric program.

Anyway, if you don't know what we're about, check out the audio archive on the site (or Itunes, etc) for yourself and you'll see that we're all over the three CHL leagues, NCAA, USHL, AHL and CJHL too.

Our blog writing has been a bit slow over the last month or so and to rectify that I have started a new series. I'm calling it ONE TO WATCH and the premise is pretty simple. I'm going through all 30 NHL teams and spotlighting one prospect that I think is going to be very interesting to follow during the 2012-13 season.

It's not a look at who that organization's top prospect is but rather who has the best story lines around him heading into the new year. A brief explanation here.

The series began over the weekend. Here's what has been released so far:

Aug 4th: Winnipeg Jets
Aug 5th: Detroit Red Wings
Aug 5th: Phoenix Coyotes
Aug 6th: Montreal Canadiens
Aug 6th: Los Angeles Kings

I'll update this post/thread as more come out. There is no set schedule so if you want your team's pick sooner as opposed to later, let me know. first come first serve.

These are just one guy's opinion and really every team has 3 or 4 guys with great stories so there isn't exactly a "wrong" answer. These are my picks; I'd be interested in hearing what yours would have been if they are different than mine.

Cheers!
- Guy

Hey Guy, love the show, try to catch it whenever I can. I'd love to see the Oilers.

Haute Couturier

Feb 28, 2007
Philadelphia
Guy, I like how you are choosing some less heralded prospects, but I have to admit, a guy like Cichy seems more like a bust after 3 years of doing nothing. Though he would be some story if he can put it together this year. Sproul was a fantastic choice for Detroit. I really like hearing those kind of stories.

Could you please slot in the Flyers after the Oilers? :)

Guy Flaming

Guy, I like how you are choosing some less heralded prospects, but I have to admit, a guy like Cichy seems more like a bust after 3 years of doing nothing. Though he would be some story if he can put it together this year. Sproul was a fantastic choice for Detroit. I really like hearing those kind of stories.

Could you please slot in the Flyers after the Oilers? :)

And that's why my attention is draw to him.

No worries about the Flyers, have some requests for a few other teams ahead of them but I won't put them off for too long.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Will definitely listen to Dallas' once you get it up.

Have a feeling it'll be Dillon. Faksa would be a great choice too.

Guy Flaming

Due to an unfortunate 4am blunder, there will only be one team featured on Friday.

The Oilers one magically deleted while I was saving it on the blog and so now I have to start over... and that's not happening right now.

The Flyers one comes out in 2 hours as planned. My apologies to Edmonton fans/readers.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Due to an unfortunate 4am blunder, there will only be one team featured on Friday.

The Oilers one magically deleted while I was saving it on the blog and so now I have to start over... and that's not happening right now.

The Flyers one comes out in 2 hours as planned. My apologies to Edmonton fans/readers.

Nooooo :rant:

Haha that sucks man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad