One Player Per Franchise (OPPF) draft - preliminary interest thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'd not be fine with it.

In Dallas zero individual awards, not even finalist, and played 3 years less.

In Chicago two Vezinas and a 2nd place in Vezina voting and all of his league-leading shutout seasons (4 times) and clearly his most seasons played as well.

Let's not sacrifice historical integrity to make the game a tiny bit easier.

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'd not be fine with it.

In Dallas zero individual awards, not even finalist, and played 3 years less.

In Chicago two Vezinas and a 2nd place in Vezina voting and all of his league-leading shutout seasons (4 times) and clearly his most seasons played as well.

Let's not sacrifice historical integrity to make the game a tiny bit easier.

I'm fine leaving him in Chicago too, I'm the one who initially assigned Belfour to Chicago, so obviously I see that side of it.

His playoff play was much much better in Dallas, so there's an argument there if you really heavily weigh playoffs, but that might warrant reconsideration for other players in similar situations, which personally I don't have time for.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd be fine switching Belfour to Dallas. His playoff resume is so much stronger in Dallas that you can at least make an argument that it trumps the stronger and longer regular season resume in Chicago. I'm also giving a little extra leeway due to his position.

For Roy, I really don't see the argument for Colorado over Montreal, and if you make the switch then you're opening up the door for switching other players' franchises just to change up the game.
The argument for Roy is generational (honestly same as Belfour) - as in "when I was a kid watching, Roy played for the Avs so he's an Av in my mind."

I don't think that is a good argument, frankly.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
He had the team for 6 or 7 years, but not since 2011 or 2012 I believe.

It's not a prob unless he joins.
My comment was just a nod to him, a tip of the hat to ATD history. Hence the.. ;) , and consequently his "like".

Reactions: Claude The Fraud

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
There's something (damnably) weird about my workplace computer connection- it allows me to read everything on the forum, and even read PMs (when they're sent), but it doesn't allow me to respond to ANYTHING. When at the work-site and on-the-clock, I have to either make sure I leave a list with someone, or go and scrounge a wi-fi connection at lunch hour. It presents participation-challenges.

Fortunately, they're not insuperable challenges. The fact that I'll be in-line for a bunch of leisure time starting the Saturday before Columbus Day, and continuing for the next 9 days or so- should help.

I'll go with a Halloween-type theme for my latest team name- I hereby introduce...

The Hammond(Indiana)Organ® Grinders

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3