One McDavid or two Scheifeles to start a new team?

Two Scheifeles, One Cup

• Total voters

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It honestly depends on the make up of the rest of your team... if you can afford a McDavid and still have a balanced team with some other sweet contracts... you take McDavid. That is a rare situation so I voted for 2 Scheifele's with one of the best contracts in the league.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Kind of a silly poll.

The question I think that is important is would I trade Scheifele at 6.125m per year for the best player in the game McDavid at 12.5m a year? The answer is no. No matter how good McDavid becomes and how much he can produce he is not going to double Scheifele's production. Scheifele simply gives you more points per million dollars spent then McDavid does. This fact leaves more money on the table to build a good team around Scheifele then you can do with McDavid. I like the Jets chances of winning SC's way more then the Oilers have because of Scheifele's contract.

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5v5 P/60 the last 3 years, min 3000 minutes.

1. McDavid - 2.98
2. Scheifele - 2.48

Yeah, I'll take 2 Scheif's at the same caphit as McDavid.

One of the very few ways McDavid can lose a poll lol, comparing him vs a PPG+ C and a clone making half his cap hit.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
5v5 P/60 the last 3 years, min 3000 minutes.

1. McDavid - 2.98
2. Scheifele - 2.48

Yeah, I'll take 2 Scheif's at the same caphit as McDavid.

One of the very few ways McDavid can lose a poll lol, comparing him vs a PPG+ C and a clone making half his cap hit.

From what some people are saying in this thread, they are willing to take one scheifele over Mcdavid. Might not even have needed to clone him

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Never understood the point of polls like this. 2/1 deals are just awful and make no sense. This isn't an NHL game where we turn off line changes and put McDavid on the ice the whole game, so who's the other center, or player?

It's whoever your 4th best center is. Going from McDavid to 2 Scheifeles you move your previous #2 and #3 Cs down to #3 and #4 and drop your old #4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad