GDT: one hockey team vs another -630pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
This is how I feel. I don't care when we win or lose, because there's no way this team would succed in the playoffs, may not even make them. Just want to get this season over with and start next year already.

And what makes you think next year will be any different? I don't see anyone coming up that will turn this team around. Our NMC vets will be another year older and with Carlyle at the helm, what we see this year is what we'll see next minus any expansion loses. It just ain't pretty. Gotta cheer those good games and suck up the bad ones.

John

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Anyone still think Bernier is better than Gibson?

With the way this team is inconsistent in the Dzone? 100%. Until they can be counted on to play shutdown D that minimizes the glaring weakness being Gibson's lack of lateral movement Bernier will be the guy that gives us the best chance to win on most nights. One bad game doesn't change that.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm lying.

TDL5LEQ.gif

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The first of many, no doubt.

Well, I doubt there will even be one. The season is damn near 1/3 over and this team is totally rudderless. It's like I said before, they're talented and can beat anybody but they just have no determination/intensity/leadership that gets them to reach down for that little extra when they need it.

But it's all about expectations. I haven't had any since the Hawks playoff series. So, when you look at it that way, I can enjoy the positives and not really be surprised at the **** show performances. They are to be expected.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
This team has a decent record despite the top line doing nothing. Everyone knows they will not only get hot but dominate again at some point and there will be a nice winning streak. I wonder where all the anti Carlyle corsi prospect lovers will be during that time?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
This team has a decent record despite the top line doing nothing. Everyone knows they will not only get hot but dominate again at some point and there will be a nice winning streak. I wonder where all the anti Carlyle corsi prospect lovers will be during that time?

Can only imagine our record if our top line was producing more like it had in the past.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Not true, only 1/3 of top line is not doint as much as it should. Getzlaf is doing his end of the share, he's just about point per game and it's about as good as he'll get.

Last edited:

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I must have missed all the Corsi talk that's happening here.

Straw men are hard to find like that. They only exist in the minds of those who construct them.

Turned it off after Calgary's goal #3 to watch Westworld season finale. Looks like I made the right decision.

It's no surprise that Silv/Cogs/Kelser is the only line going. Because they are the only line that has both skill and speed on this team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Straw men are hard to find like that. They only exist in the minds of those who construct them.

Turned it off after Calgary's goal #3 to watch Westworld season finale. Looks like I made the right decision.

It's no surprise that Silv/Cogs/Kelser is the only line going. Because they are the only line that has both skill and speed on this team.

You made it farther than I did. I stayed till #4 and immediately switched to Westworld. Saved my night.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
It's just a game and Montreal also got destroyed this season. Nevertheless I believe more and more we will not win the cup as long as Getzlaf and Perry are here. When has been the last time when both of them delivered together over a longer period of time?

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
That Gaudreau goal in the 1st really set the tone for this one. First game that I can remember in the last probably 5 or so years that I literally couldn't bear to finish watching, just turned it off and went to bed.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So much whining about a single game. This team is 3-1-1 their past 5 and is still comfortably in a playoff spot despite their highest paid player doing absolutely nothing all year.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
So how long does BM have to keep up the RC charade that he "will hold the guys accountable" and he's the coach to "win the cup"?

Can BM just admit he screwed up royally with the hiring and move on? Bring in a coach that understands the NHL.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So much whining about a single game. This team is 3-1-1 their past 5 and is still comfortably in a playoff spot despite their highest paid player doing absolutely nothing all year.

And 3-3-3 in their last 9. And 2 points away from being out of the playoffs. And making all the same mental errors as last year.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So how long does BM have to keep up the RC charade that he "will hold the guys accountable" and he's the coach to "win the cup"?

Can BM just admit he screwed up royally with the hiring and move on? Bring in a coach that understands the NHL.

Murray isn't going to fire his best buddy again. We're stuck with RC until his contract is up.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Murray will probably get fired before RC.

Even though Murray has done some good things for this team, I would be totally fine with him leaving. Bring someone new in that doesn't have any ties with the current team. Actually shake things up since this team could really use a shake up. As long as Cogs doesn't get traded that is.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

#carlyleisnottheproblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad