Post-Game Talk: On the verge

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I'll catch Ferraro on Overdrive on TSN 1050 when he's a guest . Mike Johnson strokes the Leafs and Matthews and makes sure it's the full shaft everytime . lol...Guy gets on my nerves. Of course he's in the TO market but man is he annoying.
What happened to Rishaugs GYB national podcast with Lebrun and Johnson? Haven’t heard or seen any episodes drop since maybe Xmas.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Personally I think Sam Rosen of the Rangers is the best in the biz.
He’s been at it since the ‘80’s and doing it in a very tough market. Joe Micheletti does the color now and he’s pretty good as well.
Two knowledgeable guys with none of the over the top BS

Reactions: Ibanez and guymez

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Personally I think Sam Rosen of the Rangers is the best in the biz.
He’s been at it since the ‘80’s and doing it in a very tough market. Joe Micheletti does the color now and he’s pretty good as well.
Two knowledgeable guys with none of the over the top BS
Sam as a team broadcaster is very good. For a national guy, Kenny Albert for me.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Not really. I was calling the Nucks collapse for months. Said all season they were a house of cards. Pretend first place club. Easy first round out.

Also said the team would be fine provided we get new coaching staff. We needed that.
Did they collapse to first place? They are currently a top 5 team in the league. They started struggling after losing an allstar goalie, and are currently tied with Colorado, who also then collapsed?

You also said Skinner was too fat to be a starter, so self-awareness is an area for improvement

• Haha
Reactions: Kepler 186f

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
My problem with Singh is that he is the absolute worse for getting players mixed up, he does it at least a dozen times a game. The amount of times he gets McDavid, RNH, Foegele mixed up is just pathetic for someone who is a supposed professional play by play broadcaster.

We all know why he’s there and it’s not because he’s good at what he does.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What happened to Rishaugs GYB national podcast with Lebrun and Johnson? Haven’t heard or seen any episodes drop since maybe Xmas.

IMG_3239.jpeg

Looks like the last one was Feb 28. I stopped listening to it as I don’t really care anymore if it’s not the Oilers and I get my league wide fill from the various shows Seravalli is on.

Lebrun has been through a series of failed podcasts now, he is quite monotone and boring to listen to. Maybe it wasn’t paying off so they quietly wrapped it up.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton

This is very interesting

Keep in mind it's a higher percentage of their ice time, so Nurse is still playing more against elites than Kulak and Desharnais.

I'd bet the reason for those numbers is because the Oilers match Ekholm and Bouchard against elites at home and opposing teams put their elites out against Kulak and Desharnais on the road. We have played more road games than home games since that date too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Did they collapse to first place? They are currently a top 5 team in the league. They started struggling after losing an allstar goalie, and are currently tied with Colorado, who also then collapsed?

You also said Skinner was too fat to be a starter, so self-awareness is an area for improvement
If my posts aren't for you don't read them. Very simple.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm sure no one is going to complain even more about Nurse's contract :sarcasm:
:D

Ask if Rybelsus (drivesaitl posts) are right for you.
:laugh::laugh:

Keep in mind it's a higher percentage of their ice time, so Nurse is still playing more against elites than Kulak and Desharnais.

I'd bet the reason for those numbers is because the Oilers match Ekholm and Bouchard against elites at home and opposing teams put their elites out against Kulak and Desharnais on the road. We have played more road games than home games since that date too.
Makes sense.
Still though...they seem to be holding their own.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think that comment looked bad on Ferraro. Although I do like Ferraro's commentary and lets not forget that someone scored 408 Goals in the NHL.
Oh I didn’t say it was a good comment. Just that it was a very memorable moment. Ray is great for so many reasons. He’s a gem outside of that instance.

Dallas threw us around for so many years so I have a small soft spot for that moment.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
That said, I do think that critiquing someone because their accent has them say a name differently is goofy as hell unless you're completely unable to to understand who is is talking about.
I agree with so much of what you've typed in the last few posts. And I also don't understand all the Singh "hate" around here - he's a fine PBP guy. Not my favourite or one of the best, but certainly not the worst either. He seems like a cool guy, with an interesting personal story, and I'm glad he's calling NHL games.

BUUUUUT you're going to have a very difficult time convincing me that he pronounces Kadri the way he does because of an "accent". I'm sorry, but that's clearly a deliberate choice (whatever his motivations might be). It isn't like Harnarayan is pronouncing other words or names in an "unusual" way for a typical western-Canadian english speaker.

In the end though, I'm fine with the choice. Maybe that's the way Nazem says his own name? It wouldn't be the first time a Canadian with a "foreign" surname pronounced it in a strange way.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
well looks like I'll be doing some more drinking for Oilers games. Did lots of drinking for both games on weekend and resulted in 2 wins. I think we need a Go Fund Me for Oilers in NS so we can keep this going. What u think @Bring Back Bucky ?

• Love
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You seem to be living rent free in a few posters’ noggins, lol! 😂
Its funny too as the poster telling me to have some awareness about what I post just within the last week has several posts here on the Edmonton board talking about how great the Vancouver Canucks are, and describes Leon Draisaitl as having "very poor work habits" and Leon "Just soaks up a lot of McDavid points" That stated just this week.

Not for the first time I suspect the poster is a closet OOT fan just posting here occasionally to stir.

Apparently thats awareness and objectivity. Its important here on this board apparently to be hyping the Canucks and then saying how bad Leon Draisaitl is.

I mean the poster even lists being from Vancouver Island and I'm detecting a closet Canucks fan.

This post by the poster was fun too:

I'm so over the Oilers at this point. It's just not worth it. Coffey isn't even in the top 1000 hires available for coach or GM and shouldn't touch an NHL bench after getting fired for slurs. Knoblauch is a good, but offensive coach, with no pro experience and was hired based on Jackson's...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: brentashton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad