Pre-Game Talk: Olympic Hockey non-NHLer edition

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think the lack of experience is going to bite them at times, but the youthful energy is going to balance that out. Even in this period we saw the first part where they were having trouble getting the breakout and generating chances, and then as they settled down a bit they really started to completely tilt the ice the other way. It's going to be managing those ups and downs that will be key.
For sure. I just think they have about as good a chance as anyone, but some people are only giving love to the Euro league-heavy teams.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would like to catch some of Owen Power playing but these Canada jerseys are a literal eyesore

Well he was just highlighted in part of that last goal. He's the d-man behind the net who Pasquale didn't get the pass off to quickly who was then light on the stick check on the feed to the front.

Lloydchristmas138

Aug 3, 2010
Well he was just highlighted in part of that last goal. He's the d-man behind the net who Pasquale didn't get the pass off to quickly who was then light on the stick check on the feed to the front.
Yeah he looked like a Sabre for sure there

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't agree with Carter's take on that charging call - that was unnecessary to take, especially late in the period as Canada was energized and the US with just a one goal lead.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I don't agree with Carter's take on that charging call - that was unnecessary to take, especially late in the period as Canada was energized and the US with just a one goal lead.
We're watching the eurosport feed so it's fairly neutral with the calls. Now I am outnumbered 5 to 1 by Canucks but I'm bigger and have my walking stick if they decide to pull any shenanigans

Reactions: Chainshot

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Clod didn't dress him.

Team Canada GM Hank Hill won't be happy with him.

TGE2hIT.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad