Pre-Game Talk: Olympic Hockey non-NHLer edition

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Miele was a horse, still is putting up great numbers in the K

Looks like his teammate Kuzmenko is about to be come a Sen. Kuzmenko should be a guy on the Russian team, along with the usual suspects like Shipachyov, Burdasov and Gusev.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I remember when the Sabres were one of the finalists for Andy Miele's UDFA services.
Chad Ruhwedel was our Miele ticket a year later.
Ron Rolston played Ruhwedel. He wasn't good enough for Ted Nolan or Dan Bylsma. He's been good enough for the Penguins. He's played in 215 NHL games, 182 with Pittsburgh. It really illustrates how little Nolan and Bylsma appreciated skilled players.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Sanderson to play for US; college stars eye Olympic chance

Mel Pearson, who is coaching Michigan with a powerhouse roster and a legitimate shot at a national championship, has told players he’s supportive of them going to the Olympics.

“Opportunities like that, they don’t come along that often,” Pearson told reporters last weekend. “We’ll fully support them and look forward to getting them back once they get home with a medal.”

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
U.S. men's Olympic team cheat sheet: Everything you need to know before the Games

Strauss Mann, G, Skellefteå AIK/NHL UFA
Mann was a top collegiate goalie for Michigan and has been quite good as a rookie pro in Sweden. Mann’s size led to him not getting an NHL deal, but he’s an extremely intelligent goalie with good enough quickness. I think he’ll be able to handle himself at this level and help his team win games.

Ben Meyers, C, University of Minnesota/NHL UFA
Meyers is considered the top college free agent for the NHL this season. He has very good puck skills, shooting ability and vision. His value to the team is from a skill/offense standpoint because he doesn’t have elite size or speed although his work ethic is excellent.

Eric Staal on potential Team Canada Olympic nod, future NHL gig: 'I still have the itch to play'

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad