Pre-Game Talk: Olympic Hockey non-NHLer edition

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Tough shootout loss for the USA after having a bunch of power plays including a 5-3, the Slovaks tying it with less than a minute left in regulation, Matty Berniers having a ton of chances in OT, and then just not being able to put a puck past Patrik Rybár. Team USA's tournament is over.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Rankings don't always align especially when given the choice between drafting C and D over wings

It's not a ranking, it's a poll of teams. 20% of the teams said they would pick him in the #2 slot when asked in December, well before he lit it up in the olympics. Also, all of the centers in the top 10 are under 6', so a bunch of them will end up being wingers anyway. I could see slavkovsky being a unanimous #2 if he keeps playing like this.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What a clown show, they call a young guy to China and don't let him play, Levi agreed to this in vain, and they promised him to play at least two games, but they deceived him. :confused:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
So funny to see them lose after not playing their youngest goaltender becaue of his age -- and the person who scores the winning goal to knock them out is the other team's even YOUNGER goalie. It's poetic justice if I've ever seen it.

Reactions: debaser66

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So funny to see them lose after not playing their youngest goaltender becaue of his age -- and the person who scores the winning goal to knock them out is the other team's even YOUNGER goalie. It's poetic justice if I've ever seen it.

Apparently the old boys' club isn't exclusive to the men's game. I follow team Japan on the women's side and they left some notable youngsters at home in favor of women pushing 40. Example:
vKx9fvc.jpg

and her linemate, who outscored her in the 2020 YOG Ito Makoto. Hell, she outscored a good chunk of the Japan's women league in 2018 when she was 13/14.

In other news USA is choking as usual. Wide open net? Clink. Meanwhile, shoot from anywhere and you will probably beat Cavallini.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad