Olympic 2018 Possible Rosters (25 man) if nhl players going

If NHL players playing in Olympic RUSSIA HOCKEY team fail again or not?

• Total voters

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
USA would like:

Centers: Matthews, Trocheck, Johnson, Eichel, Miller

Wingers: Kane, Kessel, Gaudreau, Wheeler, Schwartz, Boeser, Palmieri, Oshie, Saad, JVR, Pavelski, Lee

Defense: McDonagh, Jones, Suter, Werenski, Slavin, Leddy, Carlson, Byfuglien

Goalies: Quick and Schneider

Schwartz is Canadian

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
yeah for sure. the big 5 would all have fantastic rosters.
USA: Matthews, Eichel, Gaudreau, Kane, Wheeler, Werenski
Sweden: Karlsson, Hedman, Backstrom, Forsberg, Nylander
Finland: Laine, Aho, Barkov, Rantanen, Teravainen, Maatta
Russia: Kucherov, Malkin, Ovechkin, Radulov, Kovalchuk

so many good cores and exciting talent. Canada has a nice depth advantage but this could have been such a fun and worthwhile Olympics

over risto ??? lol alright there buauuuauad

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Marchand-crosby -Bergeron
RoR-Toews-Stone
Stamkos-Tarvares-Hall
Benn-Mcdavid-Seguin

best shutdown lines
best scoring lines
the goat line boyszz

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Kunitz-Bennett-Ward
Sharp-Sheahan-Stewart
Chimera-MacKenzie-Upshall
Kharia-Moore-Dorsett

Del Zotto-Demers
Daley-Schenn
Bieska-Pulock

Reimer
Lagace

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Benn - McDavid - Seguin
Tavares - Stamkos - Scheifele
Hall - Giroux - Stone
Mackinnon
Monahan
yes no Toews

Keith - Doughty
Vlasic - Pietrangelo
Rielly - Subban
Burns
Giordano

Price
Holtby

Yeah, Morgan Rielly is going to be playing over the reigning Norris trophy winner who was voted by his peers as one of the 3 best players in the league last year.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
maybe its just me but i think its ridiculous it took 38 post for getzlaf to get mentioned and 4 for morgan reilly...

I would bet they take Muzzin to play with Dougthy before they take Reilly

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
No seriously, what is the connection of those players? Just random names? It's going to gnaw at me until I know.

I mean one of the names listed just retired a few weeks ago.

I mean obviously it's cause they are all Canadien ;)

Seriously though, it's just based off some of the worst P/GP, +/- and GAA off NHL.com. Just poking some fun at the thread full of Super Teams and What Ifs.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
maybe its just me but i think its ridiculous it took 38 post for getzlaf to get mentioned and 4 for morgan reilly...

I would bet they take Muzzin to play with Dougthy before they take Reilly
the thing with Muzzin playing with Doughty is that it leads to either Keith or Vlasic playing below Muzzin which isn't great imo. Also Rielly is having a better year than Muzzin so far so there's that

As for Getzlaf, he has a tough forward group to crack and has only played 8 games this year so it's tough to find a player to take out for him

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
the thing with Muzzin playing with Doughty is that it leads to either Keith or Vlasic playing below Muzzin which isn't great imo. Also Rielly is having a better year than Muzzin so far so there's that

As for Getzlaf, he has a tough forward group to crack and has only played 8 games this year so it's tough to find a player to take out for him

Do you honestly believe they are going to put team Canada together based on 33 games played this season?

and by better season I assume you mean 2 more points in one more game while being -3 to Muzzins +7?

and when your blueline is built with all star defencemen no one is really playing below anyone....

thats like saying having Crosby means McDavid has to play below him or vice versa....or the other 10 C that likely make the team

edit: yes aware +/- is generally a meaningless stat

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Do you honestly believe they are going to put team Canada together based on 33 games played this season?

and when your blueline is built with all star defencemen no one is really playing below anyone....

thats like saying having Crosby means McDavid has to play below him or vice versa....or the other 10 C that likely make the team
Fair points. It's not that it's only put together for this season, but with Getzlaf he's coming off injury at 32 years old, that makes me hesitant to select him now compared to how great other players are playing this season. It's not that he's not a deserving player, but more that there are too many other deserving ones

Chances are that defensive pairings won't get 20-20-20 minutes, but even if they did, I'd still rather have Rielly than Muzzin. he's been a better offensive and possession player this year

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016

Season 11 Episode 6 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
season-11-the-simpsons-11x6-3orifidupQyFFSIqD6

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Benn - McDavid - Seguin
Tavares - Stamkos - Scheifele
Hall - Giroux - Stone
Mackinnon
Monahan
yes no Toews

Keith - Doughty
Vlasic - Pietrangelo
Rielly - Subban
Burns
Giordano

Price
Holtby
Holy mother....

Probably Reilly out of the D pairings. And the way MacKinnon has been playing he'd have to be in right away over the press box, but yeah no qualms with that. Simlarly, it would've been nice to see Tanger for Canada but not this year's version of Letang.

What a waste we won't get to see this steamroller in action. Would've been special, and they could've bested anyone in the field

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Who's the coach? If it's Babcock, add Weber on your list and delete Subban if he's on it. You can debate the merits of it, but accept that it just is.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Top players in the mix for me:

C: Getzlaf, Bergeron, O’Reilly, Monahan, Toews, MacKinnon, Seguin, McDavid, Carter, Staal, Johansen, Tavares, Duchene (maybe not lol), Couturier, Crosby, Couture, Schenn, Stamkos, Point, Kadri, Horvat, Scheifele.

RW: Mantha, Bailey, Stone, Simmonds.

LW: Marchand, Kane, Skinner, Benn, Huberdeau, Hall, Giroux, Schwartz.

D: Brodie, Giordano, Hamilton, Keith, Ekblad, Doughty, Weber, Subban, Letang, Burns, Vlasic, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Reilly.

G: Crawford, Talbot, Dubnyk, Price, Murray, Allen, Fleury, Holtby.

There are also lots and lots of bubble guys of various roles who have been playing well this season (i.e. Dumba, Turris, RNH, Ellis, Barzal, Hoffman, Marner, Tanev, Marchessault, Morrissey to name a few).

My lineup:

Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Stamkos-McDavid-MacKinnon
Scheifele-Tavares-Bailey
Schwartz-Schenn-Stone
Couturier/Benn

Burns-Pietrangelo
Subban-Doughty
Vlasic-Weber
Reilly/Parayko (I don’t know how you’d make the handedness work here)

Price-Holtby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad