Olympic 2018 Possible Rosters (25 man) if nhl players going

If NHL players playing in Olympic RUSSIA HOCKEY team fail again or not?

• Total voters

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I agree. I'm genuinely mad about the NHL's decision.

Blame the IOC if anything. They took total advantage of the NHL and forced them to take on all the risk with little financial gain.

Bettmans decision to not go was a sound business move, just like everything else he has done for our sport.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Benn - McDavid - Seguin
Tavares - Stamkos - Scheifele
Hall - Giroux - Stone
Mackinnon
Monahan
yes no Toews

Keith - Doughty
Vlasic - Pietrangelo
Rielly - Subban
Burns
Giordano

Price
Holtby
This is basically my dream scenario but with Hall-Mac-Giroux as my 4th line. But I think Toews would have been picked.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
USA would like:

Centers: Matthews, Trocheck, Johnson, Eichel, Miller

Wingers: Kane, Kessel, Gaudreau, Wheeler, Schwartz, Boeser, Palmieri, Oshie, JVR, Pavelski, Lee

Defense: McDonagh, Jones, Suter, Werenski, Slavin, Leddy, Carlson, Byfuglien

Goalies: Quick and Schneider

I thought the title said Canada...

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Benn - McDavid - Seguin
Tavares - Stamkos - Scheifele
Hall - Giroux - Stone
Mackinnon
Monahan
yes no Toews

Keith - Doughty
Vlasic - Pietrangelo
Rielly - Subban
Burns
Giordano

Price
Holtby

Yes, Rielly is right there with the greatest. Let's close our eyes and pretend he's a #1 dman to start with. Then, let's keep our eyes closed for a second and pretend he'd have a spot on a 30 dmen squad for team Canada. That's it guys, you can now open your eyes.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Yes, Rielly is right there with the greatest. Let's close our eyes and pretend he's a #1 dman to start with. Then, let's keep our eyes closed for a second and pretend he'd have a spot on a 30 dmen squad for team Canada. That's it guys, you can now open your eyes.
First of all, he's been playing like a #1 this whole season, so yes he would likely get an invite to camp based on his season and then anyone can show they deserve it in training camp. Second of all, who replaces him in your lineup? Or are you too scared to make a lineup for it to be criticized..

And let's not forget Rielly's coach would be Team Canada's coach.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Tavares - McDavid - Stamkos
Benn - Scheifele - Seguin
Hall - Toews - Stone
MacKinnon
Couturier

Keith - Doughty
Vlasic - Pietrangelo
Giordano - Subban
Reilly - Weber

Price
Holtby
Jones

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
look at the LHD side for team Canada. it's pretty slim pickings
if I was trying to be a homer I'd have put Kadri or Marner on my team

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hate that our Golden Era is being interrupted.
yeah our championship defense will be from the likes of Kozun, PAP, Scrivens, Frattin, Roy, Howden, etc. on the global stage. what an awesome tournament this is going to be for us, so much better than actually witnessing the best players in the world

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
look at the LHD side for team Canada. it's pretty slim pickings
if I was trying to be a homer I'd have put Kadri or Marner on my team
I agree....I put Reilly on my team as the #4 LHD strictly because I figured they would go four LHD and four RHD. I like that strategy myself as well.

Reilly is probably a top 4 Canada LHD at this point - but not a top 8 Canadian defensemen...there isn't a ton to pick from for LHD. Some good RHD's I left off (Burns, Letang, Parayko)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
yeah for sure. the big 5 would all have fantastic rosters.
USA: Matthews, Eichel, Gaudreau, Kane, Wheeler, Werenski
Sweden: Karlsson, Hedman, Backstrom, Forsberg, Nylander
Finland: Laine, Aho, Barkov, Rantanen, Teravainen, Maatta
Russia: Kucherov, Malkin, Ovechkin, Radulov, Kovalchuk

so many good cores and exciting talent. Canada has a nice depth advantage but this could have been such a fun and worthwhile Olympics

Last time I checked Tarasenko put up 70+ points the past three years. Leave him out?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree....I put Reilly on my team as the #4 LHD strictly because I figured they would go four LHD and four RHD. I like that strategy myself as well.

Reilly is probably a top 4 Canada LHD at this point - but not a top 8 Canadian defensemen...there isn't a ton to pick from for LHD. Some good RHD's I left off (Burns, Letang, Parayko)
yeah it's really between Gio and Rielly to me for that last LHD spot. I'd give it to Rielly since he's a better skater and having a more productive year so far (and I assume Babcock would be coach and pick his guy), but I guess it would depend on the training camp. Canada's RHD vs LHD is an insane gap in talent though

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Last time I checked Tarasenko put up 70+ points the past three years. Leave him out?
i was listing a couple players off the top of my head to demonstrate some of the talent in the world. obviously I wouldn't leave him out if I was trying to assemble their roster

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
yeah our championship defense will be from the likes of Kozun, PAP, Scrivens, Frattin, Roy, Howden, etc. on the global stage. what an awesome tournament this is going to be for us, so much better than actually witnessing the best players in the world

So frustrating. We're on a Soviet level run in international hockey and it was actually meaningful because it was true best on best.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Mark Methot

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
It would be a much more interesting thread if you guys built what you think the rosters for the major hockey countries will be for the 2020 games. I don't know enough about those players to do it, but it would be a fun read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad