OLN/Versus adds the NLL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The NLL has been shown on NBC, at least their all star game, but this is good. When this was the MILL, it was shown on ESPN back when there was only like 6 teams and half of them in New York (later on I think there was 11 teams and 5 of them were in New York). Now they've expaned to the West and Canada, and the league has done without a team in the New York area for a while now

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
lightningsabres said:
Cool. I've never watched lacrosse before.

The indoor game is far more intense and I think it's better to watch. So says this man who used to have season tickets to the Wings

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
go kim johnsson 514 said:
The indoor game is far more intense and I think it's better to watch. So says this man who used to have season tickets to the Wings

Agreed, NCAA lacrosse will put you to sleep but NLL is very exciting. This is good for OLN.

WesMantooth

Jan 7, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh used to have the Bulls, they were an MILL franchise that lasted maybe 3 years or so. It was a cheap ticket and a fun sport to watch so I went to quite a few games. Glad to see the indoor game is still going...

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
How much is an average ticket?

I used to watch the Saturday morning highlight shows on the deuce.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
If they did, they're lineup would probably look like this

Monday: NHL
Tuesday: NHL
Wednesday: Survivor
Thursday: MLB
Friday: Field Sports
Saturday: NLL
Sunday: AFL/Pool/reruns/etc.

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
That's a pretty good lineup.

I also wonder if they will eventually try and establish a "Sportscenter" type of show at night.

No doubt Sportscenter would crush a nightly Versus show (at least for a while), nonetheless I'd like them to compete against ESPN's centerpiece. ESPN is the only place to go for national- wall to wall highlights, something Versus could use since they are now a "network dedicated to the heart and soul of sports."

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Guy Legend said:
That's a pretty good lineup.

I also wonder if they will eventually try and establish a "Sportscenter" type of show at night.

No doubt Sportscenter would crush a nightly Versus show (at least for a while), nonetheless I'd like them to compete against ESPN's centerpiece. ESPN is the only place to go for national- wall to wall highlights, something Versus could use since they are now a "network dedicated to the heart and soul of sports."

I know FSN is getting a "SportsCentre" type of show, I don't know if it's all FSN's, or just FSN Bay Area. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing highlights, than hearing Stuart Scott talk about something I really don't care about.

For OLN adding NLL, this is awesome. Ever since I moved to Cali, I haven't seen much lacrosse. The San Jose Stealth don't get shown much and I don't get to see my team, the Toronto Rock. Even if it's one game a week, it's better than none. I'm sure the Championship game will be broadcasted a lot better on OLN/Versus than ESPN.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
That FSN thing will be on all FSNs.

Yea, I don't know if it's the right time. I mean, most of Comcast's station have a program "SportsNite". So maybe a national version of that show.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Stevedude530 said:
That FSN thing will be on all FSNs.

Yea, I don't know if it's the right time. I mean, most of Comcast's station have a program "SportsNite". So maybe a national version of that show.

Hopefully something like that, because it's supposed to be highlights of a lot of sports and games, not like Steve Levy talking about his Grade 4 test paper, or something.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
I cant stand Sportscenter AT ALL anymore.

I flicked on to ESPN, wanting to watch the higlights of game 2 of the Stanley Cup. The most historic trophy in sports, the best players of the year battling for the Stanley Cup.

First thing on Sportscenter? Shaq talking about his underwear.
Then baseball highlights
Some crap about the NBA Finals with Stewart Scott.
More baseball.
WB Freakin' NBA highlights.
THEN they show a damn 2 minute package of the Cup finals with that moron Barry Melrose.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
reej said:
I cant stand Sportscenter AT ALL anymore.

I flicked on to ESPN, wanting to watch the higlights of game 2 of the Stanley Cup. The most historic trophy in sports, the best players of the year battling for the Stanley Cup.

I can't disagree with you at all. But remember ESPN does not have an agreement to broadcast hockey, so any hockey news you get will be minimal at best.

From what little of SportsCenter I've seen last year, I'm surprised they even keep Barry Melrose around to talk hockey. I wonder if he'll stay after next year, especially if ESPN does not get hockey back.

ESPN has probably talked as much about the Spelling Bee as the NHL the last few weeks.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Stevedude530 said:
If they did, they're lineup would probably look like this

Monday: NHL
Tuesday: NHL
Wednesday: Survivor
Thursday: MLB
Friday: Field Sports
Saturday: NLL
Sunday: AFL/Pool/reruns/etc.

I thought Versus would show the NHL exclusively on Mondays starting next season? Or will they be showing it on Tuesdays, too, but Mondays has all other networks blacked out?

I remember there was a huge uproar at the beginning of the season because Bettman scheduled so many games on Mondays, and people were worried that many of the games would be blacked out.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I believe they are continueing the monday tuesday format. THe difference next year will be the Monday VS game will be the only game on the NHL schedule for that night.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Monday night games, it will be the only game in the league that night

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Monday night games, it will be the only game in the league that night

hmm, are the any other professional leagues that play on Monday nights?

Think that will affect ratings at all?

And am I the only one here that thinks "take your NLL posts to a LF board somewhere - who cares already?" I didn't even know what NLL was, and I wish I still didn't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad