Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VII | "Not A Tkachuk Thread" Edition | WJC postmortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I know it's but Sergachev or but Tkachuk but Juolevi is scoring at a pace that would put him in top 3 Liiga scoring for dmen. He is on track, the question is how is that step to the NHL going to look. He is only 19 years old and a dman who whose bread and butter is his complete game, which is hard to do in the NHL at 19 for a dman.

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I know it's but Sergachev or but Tkachuk but Juolevi is scoring at a pace that would put him in top 3 Liiga scoring. He is on track, the question is how is that step to the NHL going to look. He is only 19 years old and a dman who whose bread and butter is his complete game, which is hard to do in the NHL at 19 for a dman.

You know what I haven't seem is how comparables in that league do. I would be interested to see what other NHL dmen have done in that league and when in their development.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You know what I haven't seem is how comparables in that league do. I would be interested to see what other NHL dmen have done in that league and when in their development.

Draft year

Ristolainen was 3-12-15 in 52 (last finnish season)

D+1

Markus Nutivaara (50 6-16-22), D+2 NHL

D+2

Sami Vatanen (52 games 11-20-31), D+3 42 in 49.

Essa Lindell (44 games 2-3-5), D+3 = 14-21-35 in 57

His numbers are comparable to Vatanen and Vatanen had one of the highest scoring seasons by a 19yo D.
19-Year Old Liiga Players - Regular Season Stats

His numbers look fine. Granlund (ours) put up .6ppg at D+2, he's a forward but it's not a bad comparison points wise. The real issue is the limited number of games, we are only talking about 14 points. ie Sbisa got a lot of points at the start of the year but has regressed to mean (only 2 points in his last 16 games or something like that). 14 points could just be a handful of bounces going your way, or it might unlucky it's not more. Comparisons with such small amounts are hard to gauge accurately.

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Draft year

Ristolainen was 3-12-15 in 52 (last finnish season)

D+1

Markus Nutivaara (50 6-16-22), D+2 NHL

D+2

Sami Vatanen (52 games 11-20-31), D+3 42 in 49.

Essa Lindell (44 games 2-3-5), D+3 = 14-21-35 in 57

His numbers are comparable to Vatanen and Vatanen had one of the highest scoring seasons by a 19yo D.
19-Year Old Liiga Players - Regular Season Stats

His numbers look fine. Granlund (ours) put up .6ppg at D+2, he's a forward but it's not a bad comparison points wise. The real issue is the limited number of games, we are only talking about 14 points. ie Sbisa got a lot of points at the start of the year but has regressed to mean (only 2 points in his last 16 games or something like that). 14 points could just be a handful of bounces going your way, or it might unlucky it's not more. Comparisons with such small amounts are hard to gauge accurately.

Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated, gives a good baseline.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Seems to be in the #7 slot (or #6 with limited icetime) on the Fins blueline in game 1. Likely not where you’d hope him to be playing.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Seems to be in the #7 slot (or #6 with limited icetime) on the Fins blueline in game 1. Likely not where you’d hope him to be playing.

That’s hard to believe given this is his 3rd tournament and he’s among the oldest players there.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Seems to be getting more ice this period than the first where it seemed like he only got some PP time. No idea though as I don’t think they track icetime so it might just be impression due to limited touches or something. (Edit: live tracker doesn’t have icetimes but end of game stars will have it I believe...unless I’m missing something).

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
and no jersey letter. perhaps the rebellion last year has cost him with the finnish junior coaching fraternity.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
I’ve watched the last 15 of the period and like all the D he’s playing a regular shift.

If we can draft a proper offensive defenceman id like to pair him with Juolevi, seems like he fits the supporting role well

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I’ve watched the last 15 of the period and like all the D he’s playing a regular shift.

He certainly didn’t seem to be the first 25 minutes of the game...if he was he was very quiet. We will see the ice at the end of the game.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Havent watch all that closely as i am doing some other stuff but from what I have seen I am happy I have drafted Jokiharju in both of my fantasy leagues. Havent noticed Olli much so far.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Apparently a very quiet, big minute night. Somehow at nearly 25 minutes. I’m shocked.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Haven't watched him but how is his actual defensive game? If he is a no offense but all defense guy like Tanev I'm perfectly happy with that! I just don't know what we have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot