Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VII | "Not A Tkachuk Thread" Edition | WJC postmortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Haven't watched him but how is his actual defensive game? If he is a no offense but all defense guy like Tanev I'm perfectly happy with that! I just don't know what we have here.

More of an Offensive D-man than a Defensive D-man for me. 25-35 point, #2-#3 imo is his potential. Don't think he'll be an offensive force but I do believe there is some untapped potential there. He'll rack up points passing to Boeser and Pettersson.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
More of an Offensive D-man than a Defensive D-man for me. 25-35 point, #2-#3 imo is his potential. Don't think he'll be an offensive force but I do believe there is some untapped potential there. He'll rack up points passing to Boeser and Pettersson.

Well can't be any worse offensively than our current roster of defenseman.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Very effecicient game. Canada couldnt sustain posession on Finland when Juolevi was on the ice. He had alot of great outlet passes out of the zone and got pucks on net. He must havhad 3-4 shots.

He also played the point on the PP2 and is used on PK1 i believe.

He lookes bettert than Hesikanen but.its only 1 game

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
very 2017 edler-like game. quietly played 25 efficient minutes while it seemed like other dmen skated twice the distance. does not seem integrated into the team both on play and body language and was playing his own game.

maybe he is an old soul.

his shot is really coming along.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Oh really now we're going with the Olli the friendly ghost argument? Don't look to friendly to me if he ends up busting.

You kinda expect more out of a 5th overall pick with this being his third WJC. Anyways don't really put much weight on this tournament, but for me I expected more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Oh really now we're going with the Olli the friendly ghost argument? Don't look to friendly to me if he ends up busting.

You kinda expect more out of a 5th overall pick with this being his third WJC. Anyways don't really put much weight on this tournament, but for me I expected more.

25 minutes with a clean slate against canada is disappointing? i'd like to see some offence too, but i'll take it.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

hmm i really thought he had a very active shifts throughout the game and a good game overall.
constantly pinched in (some good few bad)
joined the rush
shot that actually went through a lot
did well on most cases seperating the puck from the guys. although high pressure/body position thought was wee weak

skating needs some serious another gear. i really like how he wants to join/pinch and play more offensive minded but just lacks that smooth skating that Mete Valimaki Sergarchav has.
u can teach that right?

would give a satisfying + 10 optimism points grade

Reactions: DL44 and Grantham

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Seriously?
Almost 25 minutes :eek:
I think his new nickname should be "The Ghost"

Whoa how confident are we in that TOI figure? I was watching for him and still it seemed like he was never out there. Nice to him using a slapshot at least, don't think I ever saw him take one in the few London games I was able to watch last year.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
For a guy logging so many minutes he sure is hard to notice out there.
Feels like watching hamhuis with more offensive upside

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Whoa how confident are we in that TOI figure? I was watching for him and still it seemed like he was never out there. Nice to him using a slapshot at least, don't think I ever saw him take one in the few London games I was able to watch last year.
I think we need to ask Zombotron or Tantalum to provide proof.
Zombo shared a link with me then I shared it with Tantalum but I've been pulling my hair out to find it on that site.
:oops:

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
He plays in Philly

How about Olli the friendly ghost?
images

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Had a solid game-yes.

Played with more urgency and fire in his game-not a f***ing chance.

If you weren't looking for him then you wouldn't even know he was playing.

This is fair. Juolevi seems like a player whose pulse doesn't rise much or often. Think Edler on one of his more apathetic "I'm dead inside" nights. Juolevi reminds me of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad