Recalled/Assigned: Oleksy Recalled

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If they find no one, I bet they still call up Olesky instead of ever giving Andersen a shot...I don't get why either, the guy has been rock solid in WBS.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
When andersen was signed i think everyone assumed he would get a chance to play in the nhl. It seems wierd to sign a guy from europe just to have him play in your farm team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
When andersen was signed i think everyone assumed he would get a chance to play in the nhl. It seems wierd to sign a guy from europe just to have him play in your farm team.

Look at how they've treated Plotnikov as well. They literally called up Rust, Kuhnhackl, Sundqvist, and Wilson and they also play Porter way more than they should and he's been sitting for a long time. They literally would rather call up anyone else from the AHL than give that guy a chance, a proper chance.

With Andersen, all I have heard and the few games I have seen, he's a solid defender and he's someone we can definitely use in the 3rd pairing with Pouliot, even. But I am betting they'll just over play Warsofsky when he's healthy or call up Olesky.

The incompetence of this team is astounding. I wish everyone would just flat out boycott this team for an entire season, just not show up to any games at all, see how they like it when we don't give a ****.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Look at how they've treated Plotnikov as well. They literally called up Rust, Kuhnhackl, Sundqvist, and Wilson and they also play Porter way more than they should and he's been sitting for a long time. They literally would rather call up anyone else from the AHL than give that guy a chance, a proper chance.

With Andersen, all I have heard and the few games I have seen, he's a solid defender and he's someone we can definitely use in the 3rd pairing with Pouliot, even. But I am betting they'll just over play Warsofsky when he's healthy or call up Olesky.

The incompetence of this team is astounding. I wish everyone would just flat out boycott this team for an entire season, just not show up to any games at all, see how they like it when we don't give a ****.

You can believe thisr incompetant if you wish but it has nothing to do with Nickas ****ing Anderson. Jesua christ i mean really. There is ZERO reason to believe he should be on an NHl roster.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You can believe thisr incompetant if you wish but it has nothing to do with Nickas ****ing Anderson. Jesua christ i mean really. There is ZERO reason to believe he should be on an NHl roster.
Not even giving him a call-up or two is bad for business. That, plus the Plotnikov situation, makes future Euro UFAs less likely to sign here.

I haven't noticed him much in the AHL, he looked solid but not spectacular. Still, there's been ample opportunities to give him a look, or even just a call-up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it has more to do with showing other potential targets that hey we gave these guys a shot, we don't just sign them and bench them forever like Plotnikov.

In Plots' case, waive him if he's not working out, if there is an out clause, then fine, let him use it, the guy is literally in limbo on this team and it's dumb. You see countless players play like crap and are given a chance to play their way out of it. This guy literally doesn't even get that benefit.

As for Andersen, it has more to do with him getting even a look. Kuhnhackl was a guy that most people wrote off, but sometimes players are different when they get called up, they get an extra jump in their step and give even more of an effort. If anything, he should have had that 2-3 game call-up.

I can't imagine any sane player & agent from Europe see the Penguins as place that is going to treat them fairly.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Not even giving him a call-up or two is bad for business. That, plus the Plotnikov situation, makes future Euro UFAs less likely to sign here.

I haven't noticed him much in the AHL, he looked solid but not spectacular. Still, there's been ample opportunities to give him a look, or even just a call-up.

No it isn't, NO future Euro FA will have Niclas Andersen cross their mind. At all. Not to mention you can go through every single team in the league and find Euros they signed and it didn't work out.

The only reason this crosses anyone's mind here is that you're right on top of the situation and like to connect dots that don't make a picture.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Yeah it has more to do with showing other potential targets that hey we gave these guys a shot, we don't just sign them and bench them forever like Plotnikov.

In Plots' case, waive him if he's not working out, if there is an out clause, then fine, let him use it, the guy is literally in limbo on this team and it's dumb. You see countless players play like crap and are given a chance to play their way out of it. This guy literally doesn't even get that benefit.

As for Andersen, it has more to do with him getting even a look. Kuhnhackl was a guy that most people wrote off, but sometimes players are different when they get called up, they get an extra jump in their step and give even more of an effort. If anything, he should have had that 2-3 game call-up.

I can't imagine any sane player & agent from Europe see the Penguins as place that is going to treat them fairly.

I cant imagine other Euro players even know who these guy are fot the most part let alone think they have been treated unfairly. You know what 99.99 percent of players will assume? That Sergi Plotnikov isn't playing because he isn't good enough.

Same goes with Tikhonov in Chicago, Sekac in Montreal and Anaheim, and hundreds of other examples of Euros coming over that are borderline talents.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oooooh, people getting salty in here.

2rpd93l.gif

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I cant imagine other Euro players even know who these guy are fot the most part let alone think they have been treated unfairly. You know what 99.99 percent of players will assume? That Sergi Plotnikov isn't playing because he isn't good enough.

Same goes with Tikhonov in Chicago, Sekac in Montreal and Anaheim, and hundreds of other examples of Euros coming over that are borderline talents.

Agreed. This is the classic "I'm on HFBoards too much" over analysis. Aside from money, players coming from Europe will usually pick who they feel is the best team or players to play with. Plus 99.9% of players would be correct in their assumption of why Plots isn't playing. Obviously I have to throw in the disclaimer that Plots definitely could've played more this year, but if he had a fraction of Panarin's talent I think it's safe to assume he would've played here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

All it does it ruin future hopes of attracting highly sought after free agents. Penguins are getting to be an old team. Young kids are going to want to play with other young guys. Not for the team that loves its chiseled vets and treats young guys like garbage. Seriously, right now, why wouldn't you choose Calgary, Edmonton, or Toronto, or the Blackhawks over the Penguins?

Penguin

Feb 27, 2016
They recall him up again today i saw, i really hopes that they give him a chance to play today and hopefully will takes Coles place. We need tough and physical defencemen and especially against a team like Winnipeg.

Last edited:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
by calling him up today, it would still leave us with the possibility of recalling four others after Monday's trade deadline.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm really ok with Oleksy replacing Warsofsky on the depth chart.(Thx Ray)
Oleksy has some much needed nasty in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad