Post-Game Talk: Old Joe the Science Bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Shesty has made a reputation off one great season. I don't think 0.916 is bad per se, Lundqvist is lower scoring leagues had 3 of his first 4 seasons in that range. However, I feel like a lot of people still treat him like the Vezina winning goalie. He hasn't been that most of his career. Now, his career is pretty young and so is this season but he really shows some very bad tendencies. Just too many awful goals by him. Quick has been miles better than him. Shesterkin has given up multiple goals worse than the worst goal Quick has given up. Honestly Quick had a meh third period against Detroit and a bad goal against the Kraken. That's about it. I doubt he can have a starter's workload but Quick is legit our best goalie this year and it's not even close. I question if we'll ever seen Shesterkin get his shit together with a consistent season again where he doesn't give up back breaking God awful goals on a semi-regular basis.
Shesty was that dude in Russia, in Hartford, immediately when brought up, and ever since. Maybe you've been cised for so long that you don't realize you're cised.

The most frustrating goal he gave up tonight was the second. Whatever. I've chosen to forgive him. Big of me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesty was that dude in Russia, in Hartford, immediately when brought up, and ever since. Maybe you've been cised for so long that you don't realize you're cised.

The most frustrating goal he gave up tonight was the second. Whatever. I've chosen to forgive him. Big of me.

How can you say that a run of the mill rebound goal is more frustrating than a goal where he made the save and for some inexplicable reason picked up his glove with no whistle. It's just an epic brain fart I've literally never seen in the NHL in 23 years of watching hockey.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
It's all Panarin's fault. He should be traded while he still has value. If he had scored a couple of goals, the team would have won again.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ya'll throwing Shesty under the bus after his 2nd game back from injury and ignoring the rest of the jokers giving their ice away like it was Christmas.

Players come back from injury all the time. He's a professional. He shouldn't need two games to knock his rust off. Is this another Lundqvist situation where it's ALWAYS everyone else's fault? The reason they gave ice away is because of a backbreaking goal Shesterkin gave up to give Dallas all of the momentum and deflate the team that made the game 3-2. He was literally the reason we lost this game.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
How can you say that a run of the mill rebound goal is more frustrating than a goal where he made the save and for some inexplicable reason picked up his glove with no whistle. It's just an epic brain fart I've literally never seen in the NHL in 23 years of watching hockey.
He overplayed the save and put the rebound right in the slot. I've already forgiven him so let's move on.

Also, I was a high major DOBO.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He overplayed the save and put the rebound right in the slot. I've already forgiven him so let's move on.

Also, I was a high major DOBO.

But it was a run of the mill mistake. That third goal I've literally never seen anything like it. Did he think he heard a whistle? I can't imagine why he would randomly lift his glove and allow Dallas to poke it in.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
But it was a run of the mill mistake. That third goal I've literally never seen anything like it. Did he think he heard a whistle? I can't imagine why he would randomly lift his glove and allow Dallas to poke it in.
A run of the mill technical mistake is more of a teachable moment than a random S happens moment. That's the point.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It was a dumb play and he wasn't good tonight but I think the one play that turned the game around was the stupid pass by Vesey to Miller when the Rangers were up 2-0 and had all the momentum.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It was a dumb play and he wasn't good tonight but I think the one play that turned the game around was the stupid pass by Vesey to Miller when the Rangers were up 2-0 and had all the momentum.

This is 2023 and I no longer think that a 3rd period lead means the game should be over. That said you're up 2-1 in the third you should have a good chance of coming out with at least a point.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Our puck management was deteriorating before that. Laffy had two brutal plays in the NZ on one shift. That shift where we got hemmed in our zone and Sam and Joe gave us TOI updates every 5 seconds, we got clean possession and gave it up right away and couldn't change. Those were a couple that stand out but it was a team-wide dip.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm watching the MSG postgame analysis on youtube and I have no idea what you are saying. At no point is his glove hand involved in that play.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I don't think Dallas was that good, I think we were just really bad.

The shit I've been complaining about for weeks finally cost us. The fact that it took this long is a miracle.

Where are the posters that were telling me Kreider and Mika are fine..?

They suck. They've sucked for a long time now at 5 on 5 dating back to early last season. And it's not an ability thing, it's an effort thing. Ever since Trouba got the C both of them have been mailing it in 5 on 5. We will go nowhere unless those 2 start generating SOMETHING at 5 on 5. Mika's at least had looks. Kreider looks absolutely horrific, refuses to move his feet and can't wait to get off the ice so he can cherry pick a point shot on the powerplay for his bi-nightly goal

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
People saying Mika is fine are capital D Delusional. He’s been awesome. Off the charts. 3 goals against at even strength all year. Uncanny good.

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
I love how there's a thousand different things that went wrong tonight but this guy always has to pick on K'Andre Miller. Every f***ing game.
Miller makes terrible defensive plays. He used to get a pass but not anymore. He is our worst defenseman

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Jokes aside, we had a bad game but we’re still 4th overall in the league with an AWOL 1C, our best D man still away and most of our offensive production coming off a single line.

Lavi might need to put some lines through the blender but overall we’re looking good.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Agree with your post. All five Rangers are moving forward on that play. Vesey needs to pass forward to another teammate or dump it deep.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Players come back from injury all the time. He's a professional. He shouldn't need two games to knock his rust off. Is this another Lundqvist situation where it's ALWAYS everyone else's fault? The reason they gave ice away is because of a backbreaking goal Shesterkin gave up to give Dallas all of the momentum and deflate the team that made the game 3-2. He was literally the reason we lost this game.
It's pretty common knowledge that goalies need some runway after being out of the net for a bit. Quick looked awful during preseason until he found his timing, it's what it is.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Actually just came here to post:

"Hey at least it's only one game."

On to the next one Ho's.

Was glad no one brought up Wedgewood’s goalie mask last night, Was afraid I was going to get the blame for the loss. Lol. Honestly thought he was good not great. Shesty was just not good at all. Hopefully he shakes off the rust.

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad