GDT: OKC Barons vs Chicago Wolves

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Lander has looked very good tonight. He is playing with a nasty streak and has gerated a fair bit of offense. He has also looked good on the pp.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I really like the way that Paajarvi and Lander have played, i think that the lockout ending will be a blessing in disguise for them as they take on larger roles.
Fedun looks really good as well, i'm also surprised at how well Deck continues to play, he has been quite a find. Marincin looks brutal again, he has smashed into the rookie wall and doesn't seem to know how to fight through it.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I really like the way that Paajarvi and Lander have played, i think that the lockout ending will be a blessing in disguise for them as they take on larger roles.
Fedun looks really good as well, i'm also surprised at how well Deck continues to play, he has been quite a find. Marincin looks brutal again, he has smashed into the rookie wall and doesn't seem to know how to fight through it.

he will find his game again..but I just don't understand why he doesn't get a few games in the ECHL to find some confidence..he's still a kid growing..spoon feed him for a season or two, he's got a TON of potential

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Hartikainen ties the game 3-3. More ice time for these top 2 lines are going to do wonders for their stats and confidence.

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Suddenly everyone just wanted to hit each other on that shift.

Also... how about all that brutal defensive coverage.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Wolves score on a breakaway and a point shot off of both OKC defencemen and it's pretty much over with 5:00 left.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Pretty sure that's three goals against that bounced in off Barons defenders in fluke plays.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
a theory:

hardnosed bottomliners were restrained from playing with proper hustle because it could result in the stars having tough times. now that the stars left, the gritty punishing style of the last year will be slowly getting back.

do you think it is possible?

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Nelson pulls the goalie with 2:30 left. I like it. Barons get some good pressure and draw a penalty.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
No miracle finish, but I think once these guys get a chance to practice in their new roles and get used to new faces on the PP/PK, they will have a solid finish to the year.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51

Yep, I would expect PRV, Lander and Pitlick all to thrive in bigger roles going forward.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Fedun with 9 shots and a +2 in a 6-3 loss... sounds like a pretty decent game in a losing cause.

Fedun is no Schultz but I think he'll be an pretty good top pairing guy for the Barons. He hasn't had to be relied on too heavily in the first half of this season, which I'd say is a good thing considering he's coming off a serious injury. It'll be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the season for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad