GDT: OKC Barons vs Chicago Wolves

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Hall,Schultz and Eblerle not playing tonight

Eberle just said on TSN that they are not playing tonight and heading back to OKC.

Will you still track OKC as much?
Is this better for the other prospects?

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Paajarvi and Lander need to get going.

Pitlick is having a brutal year. Hamilton is suspect.

Coach is suspect too - and the D is pretty bad minus Schultz - we'll see what Marincin is made of.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
If they are pulling NHL guys, Harski better be pulled too.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
A lot of AHL teams are going to be pretty bad for a couple of weeks, but I don't think any AHL team benefitted from the lockout more than the Barons. I mean, the Oilers didn't sign a lot of depth guys this year for the Barons because they knew that in the event of a lockout, Eberle, RNH, Hall, and Schultz would be down there.

Yeah, it's gonna be a rough rest of the year for the Barons... Who weren't doing very well to begin with.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Great to have the NHL back, but I was looking forward to Shultz breaking the scoring record.

Now we get to see if Pitlick, Hamilton, and Martindale can produce regularly, or if they will become the lastest busts...

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I guess Hartikainen will be joining the big boys soon enough.

Theoretically that leaves the following roster for the OKC

Paajarvi-Arcobello-Pitlick
Green-Lander-Rajala
Hamilton-Vande Velde-Pelss
Byers-House-Abney

Martindale, Tyrvainen, Cornet

Deck-Marincin
Fedun-Teubert
Plante-Lafranchise
Henry

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Green-Lander-Rajala
Byers-House-Abney

Deck-Marincin
Fedun-Teubert
Plante-Lafranchise
Henry

Next year, this roster will be a lot better with Musil, Gernat, Rieder. Missing a few names which I can't recall off the top of my head.

Edit: Klefbom, that's who I forgot

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I dont see Harti playing rite away. He will be brought up with the first injury, there is just no room for him as we have guarantee contracts.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010

Green-Lander-Rajala
Byers-House-Abney

Deck-Marincin
Fedun-Teubert
Plante-Lafranchise
Henry

I try to keep some regularity, so I keep Lander and Paajarvi together. Maybe put Pitlick on the other wing. Abney probably won't be in OKC if I was guessing, I would say it speaks volumes at the fact they went out and signed Lizon to a role that Abney could've filled.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010

Green-Lander-Rajala
Byers-House-Abney

Deck-Marincin
Fedun-Teubert
Plante-Lafranchise
Henry

I try to keep some regularity, so I keep Lander and Paajarvi together. Maybe put Pitlick on the other wing. Abney probably won't be in OKC if I was guessing, I would say it speaks volumes at the fact they went out and signed Lizon to a role that Abney could've filled.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Great to have the NHL back, but I was looking forward to Shultz breaking the scoring record.

Now we get to see if Pitlick, Hamilton, and Martindale can produce regularly, or if they will become the lastest busts...

Indeed. Our draft record after first over alls seems murky at best.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Next year, this roster will be a lot better with Musil, Gernat, Rieder. Missing a few names which I can't recall off the top of my head.

Edit: Klefbom, that's who I forgot

Rookie players out of junior, especially defensemen rarely make an AHL team a lot better.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Eberle just said on TSN that they are not playing tonight and heading back to OKC.

Will you still track OKC as much?
Is this better for the other prospects?

Yes it is. The others need to play bigger minutes. Everyone on the team has had a diminished role because of the NHLers. 2nd liners will now be first liners etc. They need to play more, build confidence in themselves and learn to win without the NHL talent again.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Time for Fedun, Marincin, Pitlick, Hamilton to step up and fill in for the missing offense

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Not going to do all the usual things for this because the game is starting right away but even with the excitement in the CBA signing we still have an AHL game tonight and no NHL is on yet. If anyone is going to watch this game I thought it would be good to have a place to talk. I for one want to see who steps up tonight for the Barons. It will be a big chance for the rest of our lineup now.

Should be an interesting game to say the least! :nod:

Couple of tweets regarding the game and lineups tonight.

Oklahoma City Barons ‏@OKC_Barons

Tentative lines for #OKCBarons, "goulash" according to Nelson: Green-Arco-Teemu; MPS-Lander-Pitlick; Byers-Vandy-Hamilton; ???-House-Lizon

Oklahoma City Barons ‏@OKC_Barons

Mix and match #OKCBarons D pairings, roughly Deck-Teubert, Marincin-Plante, Lafranchise-Fedun, Henry will see ice time as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad