Confirmed with Link: Oilers will buyout Korpikoski

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ference is 3.6 Million that will come off as well on the ltir

LTIR is more complicated than that and cap savings only come into effect if the Oilers are at the cap and need to go over it. Which they can't do this season because they need to bank room for bonuses.

I'm not sure you can just put a player on LTIR at the start of the season and bank that cap space for the end of the year when bonuses are applied.

Although I could be wrong. LTIR and its cap implications is really quite confusing.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
LTIR is more complicated than that and cap savings only come into effect if the Oilers are at the cap and need to go over it. Which they can't do this season because they need to bank room for bonuses.

I'm not sure you can just put a player on LTIR at the start of the season and bank that cap space for the end of the year when bonuses are applied.

Although I could be wrong. LTIR and its cap implications is really quite confusin
g.
Agreed

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
See, what you do is, see, you trade that Gordon guy for a gimpy winger, see?
Then you watch that guy get his lunch eaten all season, see?
Alright, now what you do is, you buy him out after trading your franchise winger for beans. Don't you act like those ain't normal beans, because they ain't!
Alright, now people are like "ay oh ay that Chickarelli is making the moves, ay?"
And Hall was dat cancer like my lungs and dis Korpse guy is no good eitha.
Boom, playoffs.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
And Taylor Hall is? Adam Larsson is not the savior but an improved defense will do more for this team than another flashy forward.

We can revist this when we can't keep goals out our net and can't put any in the other.

I have high hopes for Larson I really do. I hope he's everything you say. I just don't like the fact we're banking on potential. We did it with Talbot and it worked, we also did it with Yakupov and it didn't so who knows.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We can revist this when we can't keep goals out our net and can't put any in the other.

I have high hopes for Larson I really do. I hope he's everything you say. I just don't like the fact we're banking on potential. We did it with Talbot and it worked, we also did it with Yakupov and it didn't so who knows.

I mean we weren't exactly lighting the world on fire to begin with. If we lose a few GF and lose more GA that's pretty good isn't it?

When the defense improves so will the offense.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Just an awful player possession-wise and really just disappeared a lot.

Chiarelli makes a good move. Wasn't sure if he was capable.

Gordon for Korpse was a bad trade. I said so at the time. So this "good move" fixes the bad one of a year ago.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Actually was never sold on him in Arizona and then very early in his Oil career due to having many soft players in the bottom 6 which never worked here the past 10 seasons.

No soft player works here in the bottom 6 with no other legit grinders to perform with being in a physical division/conference but now with Maroon + Kassian and possibly Lucic some of the marshmallows can play a bit better.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
...Remember that time that Korp got a hat-trick against Henrick Lundqvist & the NY Rangers on Sather retirement night?!
Oh, how the mighty have fallen! lol

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014

If your entire offense was reliant on Hall, then it explains why you've had no playoffs in years.

Pretty sure that McDavid kid can score a couple. Heard that Puljujarvi might have some skills as well.

Over-react much?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
What a ridiculous comment since I said the Korpse acquisition stunk from the start. Anybody can check back.

Nor was that an isolated opinion.

I hate to toot my own horn (actually, I don't), but I specifically referenced the second year of Korpikoski's deal and the strong possibility of buyout penalties when I criticized that trade.

No hindsight necessary.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If your entire offense was reliant on Hall, then it explains why you've had no playoffs in years.

Pretty sure that McDavid kid can score a couple. Heard that Puljujarvi might have some skills as well.

Over-react much?

It was until McDavid showed up.

Now the offense is solely reliant on McDavid.

Hopefully Pulju develops well. Probably won't take long to pass RNH/Eberle's Yakupov-esque 5v5 production.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Ah, man.

I did this weird thing where every time he touched the puck I'd yell:

"KERRRPIIIKERRRSKIII"

Goodbye, Kerp-i-kerski.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Why do people have to pretend Gordon was/is a bad player. He did what he always did in Arizona this year, wins faceoffs and keeps goals out of his net. Gordon was a terrific Oiler, overpaid sure but at the end of the day he would have been a UFA and not a buyout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad