Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Jets Dec 3 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
wow. I did not know about the flying stick incident. That is pretty comical. I msut have watched that at least 5 times.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
A loss to this team would be very discouraging, their back end is ridiculously awful. No excuse to lose at home to a team like that.

Derfel*

wow. I did not know about the flying stick incident. That is pretty comical. I msut have watched that at least 5 times.

For those that don't get to the main board:

fzKf5DK.gif

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sorry but this comment doesn't make sense unless you were more confident in Pavs then Hutch. The Avs game would be even longer between starts for Pavs. And I'm assuming you think Hutch gives us a better chance so you would rather play him against the league's dumpster fire on a 10 game win-less streak, and then put the "worse" goalie in after an even a longer time off against a division rival we need to stay ahead of.

We are currently in the midst of the longest break we've had all season and I am not confident that our players will bail out Pavs if he gives up a few goals against Edmonton. Players wont be as sharp out of the gate due to the layoff and we need to start out strong. Hutch gives us the best chance to hold down the fort until the players work off that rust.

As for our goaltending, I am confident in both of our goaltenders right now. We need to continue to run a 1A/1B tandem until one of them takes the reigns and runs with it. I am by no means a Pavs apologist, but he is playing his best hockey right now and deserves to play this week and I think his best chance is against the Avs.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
FYI:
Last 16, 13-0-3 Yotes record vs the Oilers.
I remember when the Oilers had a huge winning streak vs the Jets in the 80's. Yeah I don't feel sorry for them.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
We are currently in the midst of the longest break we've had all season and I am not confident that our players will bail out Pavs if he gives up a few goals against Edmonton. Players wont be as sharp out of the gate due to the layoff and we need to start out strong. Hutch gives us the best chance to hold down the fort until the players work off that rust.

As for our goaltending, I am confident in both of our goaltenders right now. We need to continue to run a 1A/1B tandem until one of them takes the reigns and runs with it. I am by no means a Pavs apologist, but he is playing his best hockey right now and deserves to play this week and I think his best chance is against the Avs.

In the last 5 games that Hutch has played he has had a .947 save percentage with his worst game being .938.

In his last 5 games Pavs has had an .887 save percentage with 3 of the games being sub .900. Certainly his numbers were better earlier, but as of now in my opinion Pavs is not playing his best hockey and does not deserve to play.

I personally would go with the hot hand (Hutch) and run with him until his game falters. At that point re-evaluate.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
In the last 5 games that Hutch has played he has had a .947 save percentage with his worst game being .938.

In his last 5 games Pavs has had an .887 save percentage with 3 of the games being sub .900. Certainly his numbers were better earlier, but as of now in my opinion Pavs is not playing his best hockey and does not deserve to play.

I personally would go with the hot hand (Hutch) and run with him until his game falters. At that point re-evaluate.

Pavs played very well in his last start and his season numbers are his best so far in his career as a Jet despite his recent run. The losses against St. Louis and Detroit were not on him and it was the coaches fault for playing Pavs on back to back nights against Minnesota. He definitely deserves to share 1A/1B. Oh god... maybe I am becoming a Pavs apologist.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
September-30-2014-Coach-Maurice-pre-game-300x180.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: On Evander Kane's instagram picture. How did Bryan Little and Tobias Enstrom look? More on the instagram post. On having power play success. How dangerous can a team like the Oilers be? Will Pavelec get the start tomorrow? Have the players handed this mini-break? What is Frolik's status? Comment on the Jets prospects who will be playing at World Juniors. What has Craig Slaunwhite brought to the team (fitness).

To listen click here.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
September-30-2014-Coach-Maurice-pre-game-300x180.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: On Evander Kane's instagram picture. How did Bryan Little and Tobias Enstrom look? More on the instagram post. On having power play success. How dangerous can a team like the Oilers be? Will Pavelec get the start tomorrow? Have the players handed this mini-break? What is Frolik's status? Comment on the Jets prospects who will be playing at World Juniors. What has Craig Slaunwhite brought to the team (fitness).

To listen click here.

LOL some TMZ Winnipeg Media trying to be the man, gets shut down and has to go back to his little blog...

Great troll job by Kane with the pic BTW or was he just making an order for some replacement hockey sticks.... :sarcasm:
03-wpg-kane-am.jpg

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Seriously you have to wonder about these reporters. Maurice answered the question the first time and made it clear he wasn't concerned with the photo a couple of minutes later some new doofus asks him the same question worded slightly different. It must be hard to refrain from going off on the guy but Maurice showed good restraint. I liked his answer(although I'm sure he probably didn't like it he kept it to himself)

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Seriously you have to wonder about these reporters. Maurice answered the question the first time and made it clear he wasn't concerned with the photo a couple of minutes later some new doofus asks him the same question worded slightly different. It must be hard to refrain from going off on the guy but Maurice showed good restraint. I liked his answer(although I'm sure he probably didn't like it he kept it to himself)

Agreed. It has nothing to do with hockey, so Pomo doesn't care. Neither should anyone else, really, but Kane knew people would, which is the whole reason he did it in the first place! :laugh: God I love that guy.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Roster shenanigans with Enstrom? If it's retroactive, he can be put back in the line-up tomorrow. Guess we'll see - would rather he's back for good than rushed though.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hot Garbage is being nice when describing Scrivens and Fasth.

It's nice that there exist goalies out there which can make us think "it could always be worse". Every time it happens that every goalie worse than Pavelec has lost their job, I die a little on the inside.

Seriously though, to think someone actually traded FOR Scrivens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad