Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Jets Dec 3 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Glad the boys have a chance to get some rest. This feels like the slump buster all the way.

Sooner or later Edmonton has to get a win against a team in the West and I think they are due.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Looks like a national double-header and thus the late start.

I hope Edmonton has a game against the west before Wednesday so we don't have to bust their slump.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like a national double-header and thus the late start.

I hope Edmonton has a game against the west before Wednesday so we don't have to bust their slump.

They have a home game monday against the coyotes.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Glad the boys have a chance to get some rest. This feels like the slump buster all the way.

Sooner or later Edmonton has to get a win against a team in the West and I think they are due.

I wish them well Monday against the Yotes, before they come to town and we kick the snot out of them. Then by all means I hope they do well in a home and home with the Sharks.

I don't see Wednesday's game as a trap. I think the Jets will come out like a team possessed and we will we see a one-sided beating.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
@ps241: yeah, feels like a trap game. I think they'll put the boots to them, but we'll see.

In fairness the only game I have gone into relaxed in a while was Boston. :laugh:

Beats the heck out of the alternative.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
I wish them well Monday against the Yotes, before they come to town and we kick the snot out of them. Then by all means I hope they do well in a home and home with the Sharks.

I don't see Wednesday's game as a trap. I think the Jets will come out like a team possessed and we will we see a one-sided beating.

Yotes will beat the Oilers just because they lost to the Flames last night. As has been the case all season, Calgary succeeds where Edmonton fails.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Yotes will beat the Oilers just because they lost to the Flames last night. As has been the case all season, Calgary succeeds where Edmonton fails.

Good , because the Flames beat us, so by the above the Oilers will lose to us, sounds good,

Going to the game, last thing I want to see is any Oiler fans celebrating at the MTS centre.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

That old adage, that on any given day...The way the Nuge dominated Scheif in preseason has me concerned, hopefully Little is healthy and his line can match up. I watched a Canucks-Oilers game weeks ago, and the Oilers gave up 4 two on ones in the 1st period, their defense is really that bad. For guys like Kane who have been chomping at the bit to score, this could be a chance to breakout. Like the Buffallo and Columbus game, the leadership on this team knows that these are important points to earn.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That old adage, that on any given day...The way the Nuge dominated Scheif in preseason has me concerned, hopefully Little is healthy and his line can match up. I watched a Canucks-Oilers game weeks ago, and the Oilers gave up 4 two on ones in the 1st period, their defense is really that bad. For guys like Kane who have been chomping at the bit to score, this could be a chance to breakout. Like the Buffallo and Columbus game, the leadership on this team knows that these are important points to earn.

How does what happened in an exhibition game have you concerned? Since then Scheifs has held his own against some of the top centers in the league.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I am going to this game and have been looking forward to it for a while! Love to see the Jets beat the Oilers. How can there still be Winnipeggers that are Oilers fans?? Geeze! Give it up already!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Damn. They have us figured out.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@friesensunmedia: #NHLJets say no Bryan Little update until tomorrow. Same with Toby Enstrom.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I am going to this game and have been looking forward to it for a while! Love to see the Jets beat the Oilers. How can there still be Winnipeggers that are Oilers fans?? Geeze! Give it up already!

Not all of them are necessarily winnipeggers, there are people from Alberta who have moved to Manitoba, be it temporary for work or university, or permanent...never mind the possibility there are Oilers fans visiting from outside the city/province who may also visit the MTS centre.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

I'm definitely worried. Last season we beat them in the series but their forwards have a knack for scoring goals against us.

Plus that last game where they owned us, and nothing went right....i hope our fans stick it to em too.

Derfel*

Oh, Jets and their injury updates...

Sheesh.

Here's next week's announcement! "Upper body injury, day to day..."

HolyGrail020.jpg

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
All of their intangibles and game planning present the perfect mix for pre-season success. The question for the Oilers always is, will they be playing meaningful games come November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad