Proposal: Oilers | Sabres

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This trade is bad. Buffalo has no reason to trade a young stud defender who will just get better for 2 maybes. If Dahlin was older, sure.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Stop the Dahlin threads please. You guys can try to sign him as a UFA in a decade.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Not enough for Dahlin. But let’s not act like like the pieces listed in the unfinished proposal are garbage. We get it, Dahlin is a stud, not debatable. His plus minus stat is bullshit as we said the same with Petry, Schultz etc and they turned out great. So let’s pretend we are in a hypothetical alternate universe. Broberg and 2 firsts is a good base. What would be asked for next?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Thinking the Sabres' 20-year-old franchise defenseman is not only available, but that he'll be traded for a pile of your garbage definitely sets the stage for a good discussion
Broberg is garbage? He's arguably our top prospect and the other guys who may be better are outstanding prospects themselves in Holloway and Bouchard. Broberg has the tools to be a top pairing D, thats not garbage. I can't imagine Dahlin gets dealt but if he was they'd be hard pressed to find a better defensive prospect in return.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Broberg is garbage? He's arguably our top prospect and the other guys who may be better are outstanding prospects themselves in Holloway and Bouchard. Broberg has the tools to be a top pairing D, thats not garbage. I can't imagine Dahlin gets dealt but if he was they'd be hard pressed to find a better defensive prospect in return.

so Perfetti+Zegras gets Mcdavid then?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
so Perfetti+Zegras gets Mcdavid then?

You failed to understand the criticism I was making and I suppose that's just fine. I have no desire to try and convince you as to what my point was if it wasn't obvious enough for you already. It seems to me getting snarky is your prerogative, not trying to understand others, so it makes any further discussion highly undesirable. Perhaps a more considerate approach to discussion would serve you well but the truth is I don't really care either way. You do you, it'll be your loss.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
LOLOL
I want the 1st overall D from 3 drafts ago.
I want to put conditions on what pick the other team gets dependent on if the players I want are there.

Also, you can't have any of our 3 most desirable young players (all three of which wouldn't get you Dahlin btw).

You understand OP, that the Sabres are a team comprised of people with their own hopes and dreams, right? Not NPC in a video game?
His draft position is fairly meaningless at this point. His value has dropped since draft day. Probably best for Buffalo to hang on to him to regain some value as the offers will be fairly underwhelming.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
His draft position is fairly meaningless at this point. His value has dropped since draft day. Probably best for Buffalo to hang on to him to regain some value as the offers will be fairly underwhelming.

Completely delusional, he had the best 2 seasons as a teenager in decades and 25 games during a shortened season doesn't change that.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Completely delusional, he had the best 2 seasons as a teenager in decades and 25 games during a shortened season doesn't change that.
It’s completely delusional to think this season hasn’t negatively effected his value.
Also you are referring to point production as a teenager which isn’t all a defenseman does.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It’s completely delusional to think this season hasn’t negatively effected his value.
Also you are referring to point production as a teenager which isn’t all a defenseman does.

So those people who haven’t played a single NHL game yet are more valuable than someone in his third NHL season?

You’re basically saying “Dahlin is a finished product and those guys aren’t”.

Reactions: TS Quint

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
So those people who haven’t played a single NHL game yet are more valuable than someone in his third NHL season?

You’re basically saying “Dahlin is a finished product and those guys aren’t”.
Well yeah, lots of players who haven’t played yet in NHL are worth more than established players. That’s why you can’t trade Lucic for Caufield

look Dahlin will command a significant package based on potential, on draft day he was touted as generational D and as of right now forgive us for not wanting to pay generational D prices.

the only reason you’d trade for him right now is potential and the hope he will improve

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well yeah, lots of players who haven’t played yet in NHL are worth more than established players. That’s why you can’t trade Lucic for Caufield

look Dahlin will command a significant package based on potential, on draft day he was touted as generational D and as of right now forgive us for not wanting to pay generational D prices.

the only reason you’d trade for him right now is potential and the hope he will improve

You do realize that that guy you don’t want is 20, and those guys you don’t want to trade are... 20ish.

You’re saying the potential of those guys, with a whopping 0 games of NHL experience, is more than the potential of a guy in his third NHL season. That is close to the same age.

Generational D prices is “McDavid”, not Broberg and Holloway. Unless you think one or both of those two are a generational player.

But hey, let’s go with the weird “Lucic is worth Caufield because one is in the NHL lololol” angle.

Reactions: TS Quint

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
You do realize that that guy you don’t want is 20, and those guys you don’t want to trade are... 20ish.

You’re saying the potential of those guys, with a whopping 0 games of NHL experience, is more than the potential of a guy in his third NHL season. That is close to the same age.

Generational D prices is “McDavid”, not Broberg and Holloway. Unless you think one or both of those two are a generational player.

But hey, let’s go with the weird “Lucic is worth Caufield because one is in the NHL lololol” angle.
Yeah but you make it sound like Dahlin is succeeding instead of taking a big step back

you should take a look at Pronger trades btw definitely no Mcdavid level return

this is a stupid argument. We just went through this with Puljujarvi. No one wanted to give us anything for him so we just kept him. But no one pays full price for a struggling young player

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yeah but you make it sound like Dahlin is succeeding instead of taking a big step back

you should take a look at Pronger trades btw definitely no Mcdavid level return

this is a stupid argument. We just went through this with Puljujarvi. No one wanted to give us anything for him so we just kept him. But no one pays full price for a struggling young player

And you act like 25 games means that that’s what Dahlin is now and always will be.

Pronger was not a generational D, nor was ever claimed to be. Pronger also didn’t have the second highest point totals in NHL history by a teenaged defenceman.

Puljujarvi didn’t look like an NHL player his first three seasons. He might currently look like one in his D+5 season. But that’s a weird fallacy argument you’re also trying to make here.

Just say it. Dahlin sucks and always will. It’s really not that hard. I’m not gonna hold it against you.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
And you act like 25 games means that that’s what Dahlin is now and always will be.

Pronger was not a generational D, nor was ever claimed to be. Pronger also didn’t have the second highest point totals in NHL history by a teenaged defenceman.

Puljujarvi didn’t look like an NHL player his first three seasons. He might currently look like one in his D+5 season. But that’s a weird fallacy argument you’re also trying to make here.

Just say it. Dahlin sucks and always will. It’s really not that hard. I’m not gonna hold it against you.
Dude seriously
Just because you don’t want to pay full price for a player doesn’t mean the player sucks. He’s gonna have a nice long career but has some kinks he’s got to work out.
Like I said before you’re better off holding on to him than what you will get on the market right now.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Dude seriously
Just because you don’t want to pay full price for a player doesn’t mean the player sucks. He’s gonna have a nice long career but has some kinks he’s got to work out.
Like I said before you’re better off holding on to him than what you will get on the market right now.

I admit he has kinks to work out. Especially seeing this is his 7th year being a D (he used to be a C but switched because he’d get more ice time when he was 13). That potential is why his current value is a lot, and if he reaches it, the value will only go up.

I guess we’ll both see what happens. Good luck the rest of the season.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Holloway/Bouchard/Yamamoto will not be a part of it, so don't even bring it up.
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3