Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Oesterle And Assign Nikitin

Oct 30, 2011
Not unexpected to see Oesterle again. Nikitin didn't exactly reestablish himself as an NHL D-man last night.

Oesterle is a pure puck mover. He'll throw those passes up. The question is if he'll be more composed and make less mistakes than last time.

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Our AHL coach thinks hes been our best d-man of late, but I'm not particularly fond of him, he seems to be to mistake prone to help us.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Really? "that" was his shot? Nikitin is done.

They should be rolling with Musil and Oesterle over the rookies. I honestly don't know what happened to Chia when he called up Leon and Nurse.....seems like agents were involved to me....as he had said he didn't want them to bounce around between leagues and reason would have assumed they were going to get seasoned in the minors. If I recall....despite being good in camp....they hadn't really earned callups due to their AHL play.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Over under on how many times 14 is called Jordan Oesterle and 82 Eberle by Remenda?

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Good to see Oesterle get another chance. He's been playing well by all accounts.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Oesterle getting a callup over Reinhart. Good trade Chia. :laugh:

I understand that Oesterle is getting a reward for solid play. It's just funny that Reinhart isn't good enough to crack this lineup or maybe they want him away from the gongshow. I don't know, what a disaster this season is.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

I understand that Oesterle is getting a reward for solid play. It's just funny that Reinhart isn't good enough to crack this lineup or maybe they want him away from the gongshow. I don't know, what a disaster this season is.

We need Reinhart to develop in the AHL, as should Nurse. Now is the perfect time to bring up over-ripe Dmen like Oesterle. This call up does not mean that Oesterle is better than Reinhart, and certainly not more valuable

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We need Reinhart to develop in the AHL, as should Nurse. Now is the perfect time to bring up over-ripe Dmen like Oesterle. This call up does not mean that Oesterle is better than Reinhart, and certainly not more valuable

Yeah, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek but it's still funny how Reinhart wasn't able to stick in this lineup.

Chia actually made this trade thinking that he was NHL ready now. It doesn't look good and he will be in tough to make the lineup next season as well especially if the appropriate changes are made to the blueline. He is now behind Klefbom, Nurse and Davidson as far as their young depth is concerned. Big uphill climb for young Griff.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Eh. Tis the season for young guys to get cups of coffee as rewards for solid years. I'd imagine Khaira will be up soon, and LaLeggia and Musil for defencemen.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Wish they can send down MacT as Bakersfield can never have enough coffee fetchers at the game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Wish they can send down MacT as Bakersfield can never have enough coffee fetchers at the game.

Considering he went to the wrong place to scout out Laine, I wouldn't be surprised if he got lost in another city while trying to travel there as well.

Talk about incompetence.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Considering he went to the wrong place to scout out Laine, I wouldn't be surprised if he got lost in another city while trying to travel there as well.

Talk about incompetence.

:laugh:

This happened?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
:laugh:

This happened?

Apparently so. I forgot who linked it, but it was on twitter. He was gonna scout Laine at a game, but went to the wrong place. Like seriously, how can a person be that incompetent and still have a job? As if our scouting hasn't been terrible for years, MacT not having a damn clue on where to scout Laine sure helps! :facepalm:

Elric

May 1, 2015
In Wheat
Yeah, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek but it's still funny how Reinhart wasn't able to stick in this lineup.

Chia actually made this trade thinking that he was NHL ready now. It doesn't look good and he will be in tough to make Chia lineup next season as well especially if the appropriate changes are made to the blueline. He is now behind Klefbom, Nurse and Davidson as far as their young depth is concerned. Big uphill climb for young Griff.

Curious if actually said he thought Grif was NHL ready? Would be unhappy if he did.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Curious if actually said he thought Grif was NHL ready? Would be unhappy if he did.

As much of a fan I am of big cat, that trade reeks of the obc. I bet that Chia got pressured by them to make that trade. He didn't look too impressed after the deal was made with the camera flashing on him as well. But that's just my opinion.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I really don't think Reinhart has been particularly out of place when he's been up. The trouble is he's not better than Sekera, Klefbom, Davidson, or Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad