Freddy vs Bot-3: .887, 5-4-1, 90pt pace
Backups vs Bot-3: .920, 6-2-0, 123pt pace

Team stats:

Vs Top-3: 3.44gf/60, 2.36xga/60
Vs Bot-3: 3.20gf/60, 2.37xga/60

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Leafs PP fate rests entirely on the first face off. Win it and establish possession and they are lethal. Lose it and they spend the next 90 seconds trying to get back in the zone. Very frustrating. Also, has anything good ever happened when Rielly shoots from the point on the PP? Hope he proves me wrong tonight. Not enough shooters on PP1. Thornton needs to drop to PP2
Teams don't respect Reilly's point shot so they'll crowd the front of the net clogging the passing lanes and allowing few high danger chances as a result. The Leafs need to move themselves and the puck around faster to cause them to break down.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Teams don't respect Reilly's point shot so they'll crowd the front of the net clogging the passing lanes and allowing few high danger chances as a result. The Leafs need to move themselves and the puck around faster to cause them to break down.
it might been seen as sacrilege but why try Holl on the PP, he seems to want to be more offensive and has a decent shot; unfortunately a move like that would probably seen as an indictment on Reilly and a trade must be imminent :|

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
There’s your problem then .....
Punching instead of slapping said “ face “may impact the scenario greatly , thus having that
“ someone “ not being able to thrust forth their plan of attack , as they most likely will not be in good spirits or shape after the said “ punching “ in the face instead of the previously opined “ slapping “ comments ...
I apologize for my shortfalls

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We need a real statement game here and none of the milquetoast ease into a game stuff like we saw against Ottawa. Seems like the Edmonton Oilers have the right idea when it comes to avenging their 0-3 series against Toronto. The Leafs can't go into every game being this Yankees type team everyone wants to take down. They have to be hungry to make their own statement and it starts with beating up Edmonton (again).

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Oilers are gonna come out looking for revenge. We're def losing 1 of these 2 games...if not both lmao.

Hope I'm wrong

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Won’t be an easy series, but the leafs slump has put them is this position that a couple losses here and they could become 3rd in the division quickly, maybe even 4th
There isn't really a home ice advantage this year. We just need them to make it. Granted, first is best

Reactions: glue

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
it might been seen as sacrilege but why try Holl on the PP, he seems to want to be more offensive and has a decent shot; unfortunately a move like that would probably seen as an indictment on Reilly and a trade must be imminent :|
Is he fast or good enough at keeping the puck inside the blue line?

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Is he fast or good enough at keeping the puck inside the blue line?
He has decent speed and is listed at 6'4" so his reach should help I'd give him a shot at least on the second PP, until a guy like Sandin gets a shot

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

Makes you realize how lucky that we get to watch Leafs play (almost) every Saturday.

Although since Covid hit and empty arenas, Saturday night just feels like any other night, not out drinking with buddies/at bars so not much difference aside from appearances by Ron McLean etc.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Oilers board is cringey as usual :laugh: I dunno how their fans are talking shit after that 3 game spanking they got. Hoping Mitch the bitch schools them again, need a big game from Brodie again tonight, should be a fun one.

Well it’s because Oiler fans are losers at life. They literally live their life through a hockey team and players that don’t give 2 shits about them or even know they exist :laugh:

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015

He has decent speed and is listed at 6'4" so his reach should help I'd give him a shot at least on the second PP, until a guy like Sandin gets a shot

I've been thinking about this as well, and if Matthews is going to play on the right wall for a 1 timer, a right shot is needed at the top. Allowing Matthews to touch the puck back up top for another 1 timer would help the powerplay a lot. Having Rielly at the top hurts in this aspect. For this reason, it make Rielly better suited for the 2nd unit as well seeing as the shooters are both right handed on the second unit (Nylander & Spezza).

But even still the Powerplay units need to be revamped. If Matthews injury is still affecting his shot that it makes him less effective taking shots, then he should be moved to the bumper position or even net front for tips. Probably net front as more shots would come from the half walls as opposed to the point. Put Hyman as the bumper, with Nylander on the left wall for 1 timers, Marner on the right, and you could still have Rielly at the point.

Second unit should be Simmonds net front, Tavares bumper, Spezza & Galchenyuk half walls with Brodie or whoever at the point. This depends on if Spezza would play the left wall over the right. If he feels he is better on the right wall, then you could swap Spezza to the first unit with either Nylander or Marner.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Hate that I work tonight and will be missing this game. Really need a monday to friday job.

I think Hyman, Spezza, Matthews/Marner and Reilly all have big games.

Brodie and Muzzin will shut their scorers down.

And we all know you can't go wrong with Jack Campbell.

Go Leafs Go.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Anyone else find it funny that Oilers fans think their team is some sort of threat? Of all the teams presently in the playoffs they are arguably the easiest match up in a 7 game series. They suck defensively, have worse goaltending than the Leafs and lack depth outside of the big 2.

Should be fun to watch the Leafs make it 4 in a row against them tonight and watch their fan base implode.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The Leafs have not had an offensive explosion since playing the oilers. I really want to see Mitch and Auston get some points tonight. The are so snake bitten, especially Auston. It is almost laughable how good he is playing and not scoring. They dominate every shift it seems. It wont be long before they snap out of it, they are too good. Hopefully its against the Oil

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
HF reaction to Galychenuck on the 4th line:

I never thought in a million years I would say Gally deserves to be on the second line. But he has looked good with JT and Willy all 3 games he has played. Last game especially I thought was his best game. I can't be alone on this. I also thought Jumbo looked really good last game, and actually looked to be playing with a bit of pace. Hopefully he can give that top line a boost, if not I'd expect Gally to move to that spot in game. Sheldon mentioned the rationale was that he thinks Simmonds is the best fit for JT and Willy. At this point I have learned to just trust Sheldon's lineup card. He does a really good job at in game adjustments if necessary. As long as he doesn't 11F + 7D ever again, he has my full support. Lets get er' done boys

Reactions: AvroArrow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad