Pre-Game Talk: Oilers @ Leafs 7pm - HNIC SN CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Since we utterly embarrassed the Oilers nearly shutting them out 3 in a row, they have gone 6-2.

Does anybody feel really good about these games coming up? Less trap game though, could be a wild one. Perhaps the saving grace is a healthy Campbell in net. He should recover from those 2 giveaways and be perfect in net again. Right?

Mar. 27, 2021 • 7:00PM ET

Edmonton Oilers
21-13-0
Toronto Maple Leafs
21-10-2

Last edited:

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I think they will be fired up after they were dismantled last time round.

Boys will need to be at the top of their game I feel.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Always apprehensive, but just stay out of the box and get Brodie out against McDavid most of the night. Take advantage of the oiler d in their own end. Time for Mike Smith to return to being Mike Smith.

Reactions: willmma

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Won’t be an easy series, but the leafs slump has put them is this position that a couple losses here and they could become 3rd in the division quickly, maybe even 4th

Reactions: BayStBullies

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I think the rested Oilers are going to go off on one tonight.
Like this most likely

upload_2021-3-27_6-12-35.jpeg

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Hoping for another complete shut down

There’s something incredibly satisfying about seeing mcdavid and draisatl throw fits cuz they can’t pad their stats :laugh:

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I hope Toronto man handles them again but I’ve accepted that we’re probably due to get the McD :/

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
3rd line needs to come up big again. Hoping to see Mik & Engvall beat McDavid in some puck races.

Brodie & Holl gonna shut McDavid down.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm expecting huge nights from Johnny Tamales and Michael Nylander. They hard tonight. Simmonds might kill-some-too. On the record.

They shall have Kailer Yamamoto back, so him makes them even more faster and ready. They pretty hard right now too sire. And have the Kassian bezack. For life. We gotta be ready to fezight tonight out there. Drop em and sock em like cherry doos.

Campbell on the other hand.... IS THE HARDEST(!) :clap:

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It's not as simple as the Oilers being more determined this time or better rested. Maybe our game style just really matches up well against theirs? Seems to me the teams the Leafs are having trouble with are tighter checking, trapping and hard forechecking teams. That ain't the Oilers.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Tavares and Nylander have been very good against the Oilers this year. Expect Goals from Hyman, Nylander and I think Brodie breaks his goose egg tonight. Marner has been most dominant so I think he’ll have a big game. I smell a blow out.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly and Robertson up on the taxi squad. Moore mentioned yesterday Robertson is still week to week so this is odd.

Reactions: crump
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad