Rumor: Oilers interested in AA

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It says if he keeps it up HE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THE C IF HE KEEPS UP THAT PACE It doesn't say AA is better than Larkin and he deserves to be the captain. So yes you are lying as usual. Let me ask you this? If AA improves defensively wins a selke a hart trophy a Conn Smyth he should never be CONSIDERED?? Just like Holland would be considered GM of the year if we make the cup finals this year....

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
It says if he keeps it up HE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THE C. It doesn't say AA is better than Larkin and he deserves to be the captain. So yes you are lying as usual. Let me ask you think? If AA improves defensively wins a selke a hart trophy a Conn Smyth he should never be CONSIDERED??

Semantics. I gave a thread in which of many you continue to act as if AA is our best player.

The fact that you said consider is the same bull**** you spew here. Considering means in your eyes euphemism for you actually believing he should be

Even now you defend him and want him as captain. Just lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Oddbob

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Semantics. I gave a thread in which of many you continue to act as if AA is our best player.

The fact that you said consider is the same bull**** you spew here. Considering means in your eyes euphemisms for you actually believing he should be
Considered is the same as should? Ok we're done here.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Brandon Inge + talent = Andreas Athanasiou. #PolarizingPlayer

Nope.

Brandon Inge had talent. He was just never anything more than an alright baseball player. He had two 27 HR seasons, but he hit for a pretty bad average most of the time.

Brandon Inge = Andreas Athanasiou. If AA gets a contract commiserate with a 30 goal scorer, the fanbase here will hate him. Because that is the vast majority of what he brings. Like 3M AA is awesome. 6M AA starts to not be worth it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No insane obsession just looking at the entire team he is one of the last guys I'd blame for how God awful the team is. He is a 4th round pick second in goals. And makes a decent salary. And besides Larkin can take over the game end to end. Yeah let's trade that....
1. No one is blaming him for the team.
2. His draft position doesn't matter.
3. His being 2nd in goals is why he's valuable as a trade piece.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
1. No one is blaming him for the team.
2. His draft position doesn't matter.
3. His being 2nd in goals is why he's valuable as a trade piece.
So what happens when he scores 35+ in Edmonton next to McDavid and Bouchard is Dekeyser 2.0? Is it still a good idea? Those are very real possibilities

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So what happens when he scores 35+ in Edmonton next to McDavid and Bouchard is Dekeyser 2.0? Is it still a good idea? Those are very real possibilities
Yeah it's a real possibility. There are no guarantees in life and definitely not in the NHL. But so is the possibility that Bouchard could be our best d-man in 4 years while AA stays exactly what he is right now: A pretty good top6 winger.

I see defense as our biggest need. I see AA as a good, but not essential player. Yes because of his flaws. I see him as one of the few pieces on this team who could return a player like Bouchard. You somehow take this as a slight against him when in reality it speaks to how much value we think he has.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
So what happens if you step outside tomorrow, get swept up in the polar vortex, slip on some ice and break both your legs? That's a very real possibility.

Not taking chances is a great way to get nowhere and simmer in mediocrity, this can be applied in any facet of what we call life.

Nothing is gonna change this persons mind on AA so dunno why everyone is trying tbh

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If Edmonton wants AA than you better believe there are only two prices. The first is Bouchard, and the second is a 1ST round pick. RNH > AA > Bouchard

AA might be worth Bouchard to the Wings, but the Oil could likely look at pulling a better player elsewhere if that's the bait they're dangling. Bouchard is one of the guys in Edmonton I would immediately target in a trade, but I just don't see it making a lot of sense from Edmonton.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
AA might be worth Bouchard to the Wings, but the Oil could likely look at pulling a better player elsewhere if that's the bait they're dangling. Bouchard is one of the guys in Edmonton I would immediately target in a trade, but I just don't see it making a lot of sense from Edmonton.

The Oilers have quite a few young defensemen in the fold with Bear, Jones, Samurokov, and Persson. Fleshing our their top 9 with legitimate NHLers seems like a more pressing need.

Reactions: Winger98

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
AA isn't bringing back Bouchard or RNH. Those players have more value than he does....
Doubt any one on here, Said AA for RNH he'd be part of a bigger package for him maybe Nyquist with an extension on top and another piece. We all know we're not getting Bouchard straight up for AA not even remotely happening. Either one of Bear/Jones isn't a bad consolation prize either.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Doubt any one on here, Said AA for RNH he'd be part of a bigger package for him maybe Nyquist with an extension on top and another piece. We all know we're not getting Bouchard straight up for AA not even remotely happening. Either one of Bear/Jones isn't a bad consolation prize either.

I thought it was floated earlier. Funny thing is that until RNH broke out scoring wise this year he might have been an attainable target. But now he's putting up some points, Strome has bombed out there, Pulujarvi (sp?) hasn't taken off, Lucic has fallen off a cliff... .We talk about the state of the Wings rebuild and how well it's going, I look at Edmonton and that's what I see as the benchmark for rebuilding disasters. There was a time not long ago where they really just needed to strengthen their blueline and maybe some depth up front. Now they are just a mess almost everywhere.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If that's the case then there's zero point in trading him.

Depends. I would trade him for Jones and some additional add-ons from the Oilers. I would like to get our hands on Pool party, but not sure the Oilers would part with both, but that would be enough for me to move AA.

I would love to package him up for one of the Carolina D-man.

I am not against the premise of dealing AA, but yeah the return has to be right. I just think most of what is put out there by AA's biggest fans are basically closer to what we would be asking for Larkin and there is a pretty big gap there.

I appreciate the steps forward he has taken this year, I would still be pretty shocked if AA is around when we are playing meaningful spring games again in this organization.

Larkin and our 2019 1st round pick are my only "untouchables" in terms of assets teams could ask about where I doubt anything they pitched would interest me in moving either piece. Everyone else is an open business for me situation if I am Holland.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad