Dreger: Oilers in discussions with Nashville about Ekholm & Montreal about Edmundson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
How good is Ekholm in his current state?

Makes sense. Seems like the best option available and the most realistic target given the cap hit on EK and Gavrikov not willing to extend.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Are the Preds expecting one of the young D here to go back, or can it be done with the picks?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Wow I thought he'd be basically given away for free given his contract. Similar to how Nashville got McDonagh for almost nothing.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Makes sense. Seems like the best option available and the most realistic target given the cap hit on EK and Gavrikov not willing to extend.

He's solid, I've been wanting in Toronto all year. Still a physical shut down D, plays with an edge, he's mean hits hard and just a defensive stud. He would be a phenomenal fit in Edmonton and I think he'd take a huge load of pressure off Nurse, and that would probably allow him to perform better as well.

I realllllly want him on the Leafs, he's great.

Reactions: PuckG

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Oilers could use a guy like ekholm big time. Would hate to see him leave Nashville but I don’t see a better fit than the oil.
Maybe leafs but I feel they will never address their defense issues. Would love to see ek win a cup with mcDavid

He's not winning a cup with Mcdavid because Jack Campbell isn't that dude.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Very good 2nd pairing that can play 1st pairing for extended periods of time in the event of injuries without looking out of place. Would be a good player to help support nurse on the lefthand side and take some responsibility off his shoulders. Logs usually 20-24 mins a night and can be used on all situations though ideally not in a powerplay unless necessary

Reactions: PuckG

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I think this would be a good pickup for Edmonton. I don't even see the contract as necessarily a bad thing. That's a position they desperately need to improve, and having Ekholm under lock and key means they don't need to deal with this whole song and dance again next year.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would they take Kulak back as part of the deal? We’d have to move out money to make this work, and some of that money has to come in the form of a Dman. Kulak has been solid, but is probably overpaid by $500k for what he brings.

Kulak + Puljujarvi + 2023 1st + choice of 2024 1st or Borgault. Does that sound right for value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad