GDT: Oilers host Leafs @ 6:00 pm MT - Ekholm to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Follow-up question: Will Campbell be pulled?
Follow-up comment: can we get this guy a new nickname. Soup has got to be the dumbest nickname going. I'm certain it's why he sucks.

This morning was an optional skate. Skinner didn't skate. Campbell stayed out late doing extra work. No guarantees, but probably means Skinner gets the start.

I don't think Jack is the first guy with the last name Campbell to have the nickname soup. Something to do with some crap, over-salted product in a can.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Campbell starting tonight... lawd have mercy.
Lmao. I’m not normally one to give Woodcroft heck, but that feels like a disastrous decision. Campbell doesn’t seem like a Mike Smith who is gonna get fired up to play his old team and prove them wrong.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hopefully he'll be good to go for next week, this Friday will be 2 full weeks since he's played a game and Holland also mentioned him like a deadline add, well the deadline is this week.
Good
Just spitballing
I’m up for some kind of trade to Arizona and land Ghost and Bjugstad
Yamo , picks(to work out money) and a prospect
Gives us a much bigger team to work with

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
I have a bad feeling about these two weeks. Jets are honestly the weakest team we play and they always give us trouble. Going to have to beat some really good teams to get points. We could be staring up at the Flames in our playoff spot mid March.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Lmao. I’m not normally one to give Woodcroft heck, but that feels like a disastrous decision. Campbell doesn’t seem like a Mike Smith who is gonna get fired up to play his old team and prove them wrong.
I always think about the game before Tippett got fired, Smith demanded that he start again on the second night of a B2B after he got a 4 piece spotted on him by Vegas and Tippett let him and then Smith let in another 4 goals to the Blackhawks and Tippett got fired the next day.

Reactions: Ibanez and T-Funk

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Can't stand that team or their fans. Then the fact that the Oilers have to change the start time of their home games to accommodate them as well....:ha:

Glad to see Ekholm is in tonight. Hoping he has a strong first showing.
On the Leafs board, they referred to us as a "warmup" that enabled them to build chemistry with their new teammates. I'd like nothing better than for us to come out and shove it down their throats but I have doubts about that happening. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Reactions: TB12 and dssource

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
On the Leafs board, they referred to us as a "warmup" that enabled them to build chemistry with their new teammates. I'd like nothing better than for us to come out and shove it down their throats but I have doubts about that happening. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
I don't think one poster constitutes "they," although these days I guess it technically could.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I
typical leafs fans. So arrogant for a team that hasn’t been out of the first round in almost 20 years. Let’s stomp these ****ers tonight :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad