GDT: Oilers host Leafs @ 6:00 pm MT - Ekholm to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
We have traditionally sucked at home vs the Leafs. Hopefully they can change that.

Angelic Ekholm here to slay goblin Leafs

2.jpg

3.jpg

Lines:

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Every time we play the Leafs their goalie seems to stand on their head and steal the game, so let’s hope Ekholm helps keep the puck out of our net too

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I like yesterday's deals but they are moot point(s) if the Oilers don't start to get better goaltending.

Now that some of the problems with the D have been addressed the focus will really turn to the tenders to see which of the two (if either) can lead the Oilers down the stretch.

Apr 29, 2017
Interested to see what the pairings are. If Ekholm is playing left side, I still dont like our right side much.
I agree but Ceci needs to be moved down to a 2nd pairing role so I'd prefer Ekholm to play with Nurse. Next up is to move Kulak to 3LD so I hope Kenny isn't done with the D.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
this is a pretty big game. Need to split this and the Boston game. Probably split with Winnipeg over the weekend and hopefully split in tor/bos next week.

Have to keep pace.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I agree but Ceci needs to be moved down to a 2nd pairing role so I'd prefer Ekholm to play with Nurse. Next up is to move Kulak to 3LD so I hope Kenny isn't done with the D.

I dont think they want to block Broberg. But maybe they dont care about blocking him this season.

I agree that Ekholm playing with Nurse just makes the most sense.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Any timeline for Kane?

Nashville played at home the other day. Not sure if he will be here in time

Hopefully he'll be good to go for next week, this Friday will be 2 full weeks since he's played a game and Holland also mentioned him like a deadline add, well the deadline is this week.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Interested to see what the pairings are. If Ekholm is playing left side, I still dont like our right side much.
It would be the same but without Barrie so it is a concern. Maybe Broberg goes to the left. He did before

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Could do without the wording of the GDT but thats just me.

Ekholm will come in here with immense pressure. He's going from where he's played his entire career to a far off place he has next to no familiarity with. he's going from a team that focuses on D as its DNA since the best coach in hockey instilled that type of play there. Ekholm has NEVER played pro hockey in a place that does not stress D game in and game out.

He's going to a radically different type of team that is scoring and offense rather than D oriented.

I wish him well, he'll need it as the expecations of this board are already in overdrive before a game has even been played. Its also against Toronto who can score goals.

That said a lot of players can play well in a new place for a few games just on adrenaline, being amped, excited. The sag may occur in one to two weeks as the human experience of moving, resettling, relearnng, reacquainting can be all exhausting. For D particularly, and shutdown type D transition can be harder. For offensive D like Barrie the tools and aspects tend to be unpacked easier.

Tough game tonight.

I very much look forward to the overreactions (from both sides) about sEKsy based on a one-game sample size tonight!
Bang. Not even going to be viewing this thread come game time. From comments so far I don't know if we obtained a D or the next Jesus. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad