Confirmed with Link: Oilers Hired Michael Parkatti as Senior Director, Data & Analytics

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
HFoilers, tell me how I should feel?
I trust Jackson on this. He's been involved with stats for a very long time and understand them well.

So I think he'd know what to be looking for in hiring this position. Add that Parkatti has been doing this for years in the hockey world as well with a big company like Suncor and I only see positives

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I trust Jackson on this. He's been involved with stats for a very long time and understand them well.

So I think he'd know what to be looking for in hiring this position. Add that Parkatti has been doing this for years in the hockey world as well with a big company like Suncor and I only see positives

Seems like a positive step forward to me.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
But but but he's one of them stats blogger nerds!

Honestly excited for the team and for Mike, wild to see so many guys from the old blog days make to the show.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like the hire...very sharp dude.
Really encouraging to see this team commit to Analytics.
All starts at the top and with Jackson seeing how useful they are you just knew it was a matter of time before he brought this in.

He's doing a good job at looking at the areas that can be worked on and giving the club the tools to make better decisions.

Next up whatever innovations he was talking about with regards to the players health.

They've been chatting about this on OilersNow for a month or so. Think there was a process
Oddly enough they go to a guy that maybe should've been given a larger role 10 years ago when he won a competition with the Oilers. Then again MacTavish had just taken the job and who knows what he was worried about

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
One of the first analytics nerds in social media I saw. Lots of pioneers in analytics are Oilers fans, for whatever reason.

Hopefully he can be a big help.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
How many of you can actually say you manifested your job in a blog talking about why Mikko Koskinen should have never been signed?

IMG_1933.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad