GDT: Oilers @ Hawks 7:30 1/9/24 ESPN +

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My god Tinordi sucked on that play.
Any D with half a brain would have known McDavid was there, and it would have been a cake play to intercept that pass to go the other way, and/or, at the very least, get a stick on it to break it up. It was just atrocious play from an "NHL player". I'd say 9/10 times our beer league D make that play to break up that pass.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Any D with half a brain would have known McDavid was there, and it would have been a cake play to intercept that pass to go the other way, and/or, at the very least, get a stick on it to break it up. It was just atrocious play from an "NHL player". I'd say 9/10 times our beer league D make that play to break up that pass.
You're usually taught to stay in the middle of the ice or on your side of the ice in that scenario. Tinordi was on the wrong side of the center of the ice, way too close to Murphy. And Ekholm looked up a couple times in that direction to make a pass, basically telegraphing where he was going with it, and like you said, it's McDavid. You have to know where he is at all times.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't how anyone can watch that play and blame any other player for that. lol
The puck wraps around to the Oilers, the F3 (I think I said it was Katchouk before, but it was Kurashev) decides to make a change when he's supposed to mark McDavid.

Tinordi messes up too because he gets drawn over which frees up the lane for McDavid. This is a huge mistake given the bad change, this doesn't negate the bad change. No idea how you can defend that change, it's a big mistake.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The puck wraps around to the Oilers, the F3 (I think I said it was Katchouk before, but it was Kurashev) decides to make a change when he's supposed to mark McDavid.

Tinordi messes up too because he gets drawn over which frees up the lane for McDavid. This is a huge mistake given the bad change, this doesn't negate the bad change. No idea how you can defend that change, it's a big mistake.
McDavid got behind Tinordi. No other Oilers player was there. It's Tinordis man when you are a Dman and there is a forward behind you.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Blaming a forward, when there are two defensemen back, and only two opposing forwards attacking, is some next level nonsense. The first forward back on defense, is responsible for F3. The defenders have F1 and F2... It is perfectly acceptable to go for a line change when the opposing team has an even numbers situation attacking your zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad