Rumor: Oilers/flyers trade.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Draisaitl is good with the puck but he's not a very good skater and doesn't really have a great shot. When I first saw him a couple seasons ago he reminded me of Voracek, but Voracek without the wheels isn't very dangerous.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
If they trade any of Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, or Mason I'll be upset. Everyone else should be available for the right deal though

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
They have to be looking at Couturier and Schenn'(s). Possibly Coburn? This team as assembled just doesn't have much going for it.

Not necessarily. A guy like Grossmann (before his recent precipitous decline) would have been prime TDL fodder. Lecavalier is obviously not a long-term piece. Etc.

I'm not sure 11 is an unsually high number.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I wonder if Hexy is looking at trading the Schenn's? There were rumors last week that they were available, and now there's 11 scouts in the building...

With 11 scouts, you'd have to think that we're actively shopping somebody - and that multiple teams are interested. I really doubt that 11 scouts come out from Edmonton for a deal that's already on the table.

Also, if Couts, Giroux, Mason, Voracek, or Simmonds get traded I might cry. :)

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'm thinking we are going to trade pieces that may include one of our bad contracts in a bigger trade. Kind of how we traded Hartnell away for a nothing player. Thinking Vinny Schenn and schenn for a package back

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yea lets NOT trade Couturier please.

If that 3 for 3 trade went down.

Eberle-Giroux-Voracek
Perron-Vinny-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-PEB-Akeson

Can we get Eberle without trading couturier? Pleaseeee

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm thinking we are going to trade pieces that may include one of our bad contracts in a bigger trade. Kind of how we traded Hartnell away for a nothing player. Thinking Vinny Schenn and schenn for a package back

I dont think they can handle over 10 million in extra salary.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yea lets NOT trade Couturier please.

If that 3 for 3 trade went down.

Eberle-Giroux-Voracek
Perron-Vinny-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read
Rinaldo-PEB-Akeson

Can we get Eberle without trading couturier? Pleaseeee

no way.

Edmonton would love coots, and i think we could get eberle for him straight up. However as a guy who watches a lot of edmonton games, there is no way eberle would help this team. He is exact opposite of what this team needs.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Couturier's name has been in "rumors" since he's been drafted. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
no way.

Edmonton would love coots, and i think we could get eberle for him straight up. However as a guy who watches a lot of edmonton games, there is no way eberle would help this team. He is exact opposite of what this team needs.

100% disagree. I have seen my fair share of Edm games too, and having an actual first line winger for Giroux would help this team alot. Having a first line player stabalize that spot instead of playing the "who is Giroux's winger this week" game. Also adding an actual scorer to help the worse 5on5 team in the leagur wouldnt hurt (dont know Eberle's 5on5 points but with Giroux I bet it would be better)

Also I said to NOT trade Couturier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad