Post-Game Talk: Oilers defeat Canucks 5-2 (Santorelli, Hansen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
@JSportsnet: No question...League is looking into Kassian/Gagner incident last night in Edmonton.

IMO, that's a bit silly. Accidental high-sticks happen all the time. This seems to be another case of the league reacting to the injury rather than the play.

Weise on Hall - Clear headshot, should be a review and possibly a suspension.

Kassian on Gagner - Unfortunate accident.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
@JSportsnet: No question...League is looking into Kassian/Gagner incident last night in Edmonton.

Lol that's ridiculous.

It's not like Kass threw his stick like a javelin at Gagner's face.

Broken jaws and missing teeth happen. What, are they going to suspend him for falling down and no having the best control over his stick?

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
IMO, that's a bit silly. Accidental high-sticks happen all the time. This seems to be another case of the league reacting to the injury rather than the play.

Would be ironic if anything happens to kass. Remmeber when shanny 2 handed BMOs mouth and took out all his teeth?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Would be ironic if anything happens to kass. Remmeber when shanny 2 handed BMOs mouth and took out all his teeth?

Yup. When Morrison went down, Shanahan yelled at him that he didn't even touch him. Then Morrison turned and gave him a red smile.

Apparently, Shanahan cringed and said "Oh God, I'm so sorry".

The ref picked up his chiclets after the play had been whistled and also apologized to him for having missed it. Poor Mo.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

As they should. I'd hope they look into every high stick that causes a player to be out for a significant period of time. Kassian should be fined at the very least.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Yup. When Morrison went down, Shanahan yelled at him that he didn't even touch him. Then Morrison turned and gave him a red smile.

Apparently, Shanahan cringed and said "Oh God, I'm so sorry".

The ref picked up his chiclets after the play had been whistled and also apologized to him for having missed it. Poor Mo.

Such bs, the ref saw the whole thing for **** sakes. Shanahan is a joke

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Something tells me that our games this season vs the oilers are going to be ugly, especially with Eager running around. Weise is an idiot and should def. be suspended for that hit.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Something tells me that our games this season vs the oilers are going to be ugly, especially with Eager running around. Weise is an idiot and should def. be suspended for that hit.

Yeah, there was bad blood already, there'll be more now.

Eager is insane. Like, clinically, I'm sure of it. He doesn't even need a reason to hate the Canucks, he'd just run around anyway.

Outside of Weise and possibly Bieksa, though, it's not like we have any regular skaters that can answer the bell.

Lundface*

Eager is insane. Like, clinically, I'm sure of it. He doesn't even need a reason to hate the Canucks, he'd just run around anyway.

Outside of Weise and possibly Bieksa, though, it's not like we have any regular skaters that can answer the bell.

That Kassian guy can chuck em too, just ask Eager ;)

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver

Kass? Sesito ?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Ya Eager is a nut. I won't be surprised if the Oilers pick up a big heavyweight.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
They didn't review the hit by Nolan on Klesla but they're investigating the bloody high stick by Kassian?

Is this an actual joke?

Also enjoying the Oilers blogosphere blow up. **** like mc79hockey saying "Oilers coach should've said it was criminal" is actually amusing.

About the actual game, I don't think the Canucks actually practiced in depth their systems and plans before playing the Oilers (iirc, they had one practice going over them) so our powerplay looking absolutely terrible and bad defensive coverage at times could be chalked up to that. If this game happened at the end of the pre season I'd be pretty worried. Oilers had a solid system going on 5v5 and special teams so no surprise they won pretty easily.

Last edited:

Betamax*

Lol that's ridiculous.

Broken jaws and missing teeth happen. What, are they going to suspend him for falling down and no having the best control over his stick?

If they aren't going to suspend for "accidental" skate cuts i.e. Cooke on Karlsson, I don't see how they can now justify suspending for "accidental" high sticks.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Eh, Eager will do something stupid, get walked around by the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and open up an opportune rush. It's not like we haven't embarrassed Eager before.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Still no excuse for playing badly.

Are you kidding? Yes, playing basically an entire roster of bottom sixers, AHLers, and worse against a mostly complete NHL roster is certainly an excuse for why the game went badly. Sure, sports movies have led us to expect some beer league team to go out there and win against a team of pros because they "want it more" or whatever other ********, but that's not real.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Lol that's ridiculous.

I double dog dare you to go onto the main board and say this :laugh:

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Are you kidding? Yes, playing basically an entire roster of bottom sixers, AHLers, and worse against a mostly complete NHL roster is certainly an excuse for why the game went badly. Sure, sports movies have led us to expect some beer league team to go out there and win against a team of pros because they "want it more" or whatever other ********, but that's not real.

Lets not get carried away....its the Oilers. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad