Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Seeing last years jersey and the new jersey side by side I have to say that I like the new jersey better. The darker blue and the thin striping works better IMO.

Totally agree. I was always a fan of the thicker stripe but seeing the jersey on Yamamoto I can say the thin stripe definitely looks better and more modern. Very excited to buy one!

Anyone know if the road jersey photo has been released?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
cut.jpg

An idea of what the new sweaters will look like in action. Looks like we are returning to the dark gloves with orange lettering, like during the Farewell Season. Looks good!
The picture used for the cover is from McDavid's famous goal vs Columbus in his rookie season.

Rg3Tx5a.jpg

Totally agree. I was always a fan of the thicker stripe but seeing the jersey on Yamamoto I can say the thin stripe definitely looks better and more modern. Very excited to buy one!

Not yet. I've looked around and can't find anything on if there's a special event planned or what. It would be cool if it was unveiled at the press conference to announce the Draisaitl and McDavid extensions.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I have been looking for a pic of the road jersey ...havent found anything.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
The picture used for the cover is from McDavid's famous goal vs Columbus in his rookie season.

Rg3Tx5a.jpg

Not yet. I've looked around and can't find anything on if there's a special event planned or what. It would be cool if it was unveiled at the press conference to announce the Draisaitl and McDavid extensions.

Wow, look at those beautiful jerseys !!

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
OMG. Seriously? Katz's son was there again? What an embarrassment !!!!!!!!!

It's kind of interesting to see him get taller every year. I remember when he was a chubby little kid for Hall's draft, now he's some 6'2-6'3 giant. It's weird because Daryl Katz is so short lol

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Seeing Yamamoto wearing the new jersey tonight makes me think that whoever made the call on the colour scheme change likes the Denver Broncos.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Funny that Sportsnet had a short video clip of the Oilers past drafts and Katz's son on the podium as he kept getting older and bigger. He's goddamn tall now.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Broncos use a more neon-y orange. I'm not a huge fan of that. But I love how our new jerseys look.

I checked out the new jersey at the locker room sale yesterday, and the new orange is surprisingly close to Bronco Orange. It's bright.

If someone said we went from WHA Oilers to Denver Broncos color scheme, I honestly couldn't disagree with them.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Anyone see the Reebok stock clearing out around the city? I don't care if I have an older one and saves me a ton.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
So I saw this in the jersey thread on the main board and then someone else had heard that the on Ice authentic jerseys won't be sold at the retail level, only to the teams. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great as I tend to prefer the authentics.

Stole this from the Vegas forum.
Three tiers of jerseys, and the authetics I like to buy will, of course, not be made available to fans.
What's the point of a replithentic jersey?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Those are the official colours according to the files the league provides.

Yeah, I never doubted that. Colorwerx is always spot-on anyways. It was more just an observation. The old orange, when under the lights on the ice, looked more like the new one.

Edit: For example, look at the image of the blue home jersey earlier on this same page.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Saw somebody on twitter make up their own concept of how the away jerseys could potentially look like.

DDS84UgXkAAUxoB.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad