Player Discussion Oilers claim Adam Clendening

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why hasn't this guy been given more of a look?

We will see him for sure. We used up a spot against the contract limit to get him, leaving us with only one left, and so it would be a waste not to use him.

I'm guessing that Chia and McLellan see something more in Clendening than just a roster rental to get through the season with. Chia has been tracking him for years. So maybe they are bringing him in a bit slow and letting him get the hang of his linemates in practice first. He might be a good long term fit on the bottom pairing.

Clendening was good in that one game he played, but that was with limited minutes and careful usage. If we threw him into the fire he might have issues, and fans would probably be quick to turn on him.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
yes but usually if players arent developing they are on the farm or come into camp and lose their job.

schultz is special. He's a special kind of awful. Going the FA route may have ruined his career.....and now his career is on the line and he looks like a he couldnt give a single ****. We needed to claim another PPQB to put his ass in the fire.

We may have one. Davidson's one minute of power play time today was the highlight of the game for me.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So that would mean he is playing so bad he would rather risk being waived and playing in the AHL?

Or, how about this, maybe he is just the worst defenceman since Cam Barker?

Probably yeah.

All I know is that I've never seen a defenseman play as bad as Schultz did against Montreal in the NHL. Especially not a guy with more than 200 games played in the league. That was some special kind of awful.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Probably yeah.

All I know is that I've never seen a defenseman play as bad as Schultz did against Montreal in the NHL. Especially not a guy with more than 200 games played in the league. That was some special kind of awful.

And they play him the next day. I don't get it.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
And they play him the next day. I don't get it.

On every unit pk pp high minute 5 on five. It was mind boggling you keep rewarding a guy that doesn't deserve it. Kind of explains the game against the islanders the rest of the team was like gotta suck like Schultz for extra minutes.

McDeathbyCheerios*

On every unit pk pp high minute 5 on five. It was mind boggling you keep rewarding a guy that doesn't deserve it. Kind of explains the game against the islanders the rest of the team was like gotta suck like Schultz for extra minutes.
To me i think the Islanders game was more on Nilsson. 3 ridiculously deflating **** goals.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Says something about your team though when they mail it in as soon as something goes wrong.
True. But i couldn't imagine how that felt after Montreal. Team gets their ass kicked. Comes back ready to prove they aren't **** and best Scrivens and Nilsson goes all Casper the Friendly Ghost and puts you in a very deep sink whole right away.

It would be like having your house burnt down. Then you move into your new one and your dumb cousin lights his wall of fire cause it looks cool.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Hey guys, just trying to get a quick scouting report on this guy since the Ranger's just signed him. Does he have any potential? How did he look in the 20 games with you? Thanks.

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
Hey guys, just trying to get a quick scouting report on this guy since the Ranger's just signed him. Does he have any potential? How did he look in the 20 games with you? Thanks.

Below average skating, questionable decision making, and meh physically. Nothing that stands out from his game

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Would like to give you rangers a better report on him. He was worse than schultz when shiultz was playing bad. Hes terrible, but will probably be good for your ahl team though.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Pretty bad. He has a decent point shot. That's about it. He was exposed on our blueline. Slow skater, not a great defender. Schultz-esque. Not a terrible depth option but you don't want to rely on him for top 6 minutes. Probably not even 7-8.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Oh gawd, relief, he signed with somebody else, I looked at the thread and it said we resigned him.

Slow, useless, no talent, clumsy, not particularly good at anything. you wonder who he's related to to even be in the NHL. That's about it. This guy will look like a dog on a 4th line.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
He had some bad turnovers but what player doesnt. Oilers picked him up for some much needed toughness.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Maybe the worst defenseman the Oilers have dressed in the past 5 years.

He'll be a good AHL guy for you. But he has zero NHL ability.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Pretty bad. He has a decent point shot. That's about it. He was exposed on our blueline. Slow skater, not a great defender. Schultz-esque. Not a terrible depth option but you don't want to rely on him for top 6 minutes. Probably not even 7-8.

It's his brain farts that killed him. Borderline defender otherwise.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
For the lack of rhD the Oilers have I'm surprised we didn't resign him. He's a depth AHL call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad