Player Discussion Oilers claim Adam Clendening

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers claim Clendening

59 points in the AHL in 13-14. Only 23 years old.

Right shot offensive defenceman... HHHMMMMMMMM....

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Right shot, great offensive numbers in college and AHL. Worth a shot.

Does this mean see ya later Justin????

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
One of Schultz, Fayne or Gryba must be going.

Figure Schultz is gone, I like Fayne over Gryba but he makes more.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Seems like a good move, low risk, low salary and should mean someone is one their way out, I'm looking at you Schultz.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Apparently he's not a great skater. Especially when skating backwards and transitioning from forward to backwards, so be prepared to watch him get beat wide a lot.

Worth a shot though, I guess.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Apparently he's not a great skater. Especially when skating backwards and transitioning from forward to backwards, so be prepared to watch him get beat wide a lot.

Worth a shot though, I guess.

I'm guessing he'll be the #6 defenceman seeing lots of powerplay time.

Also he's an RFA at the end of the year and dirt cheap to qualify - 760K or so.

1990*

The Schultz replacement. I suppose this means we'll see that "cap dump" arrive from Columbus sooner rather than later as Stauffer hinted at. Would have to be a forward and/or LHD; Hartnell and Johnson are the strongest candidates.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

59 points in the AHL in 13-14. Only 23 years old.

Right shot offensive defenceman... HHHMMMMMMMM....

Wait, Schultz owned the AHL, absolutely ruled there.

So what I'm saying is so what..

if anything this salves my tendency to want to throw things at the TV anytime I watch Schultz but...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Schultz replacement. I suppose this means we'll see that "cap dump" arrive from Columbus sooner rather than later as Stauffer hinted at. Would have to be a forward and/or LHD; Hartnell and Johnson are the strongest candidates.

I'd add Tyutin to that mix. Recent healthy scratch and was reportedly pretty pissed about it.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
From Hockey's Future:
Talent Analysis

Clendening is an offensive defenseman with good puck-moving ability and a solid shot from the point. While he is known for his offensive and ability to transition the puck up ice, Clendening is solid defensively. He doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game and plays with a good deal of intensity. However, Clendening could stand to utilize his intensity and grit more to the benefit of his team. He also needs to keep his feet moving and improve his overall speed.

We could sure use a solid shot from the point

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stauffer seemed sure Reinhart would be up pretty quick after break. How does that happen now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad