Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Finally the lines have been shaken up. I wanted this to happen two games ago. I hope we see more of Pulju on the power play, his one timer is hard and accurate and we see so little of it.

Our top 6 and pp needs to produce or we're going to keep losing valuable points.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
This post is pure nonsense. He passed to player open to walk right in.

I suppose our players should be picking and choosing who to pass to now and forget that it's a team sport?

The level to which to trash Ebs is hitting epic levels

The line is not as white hot as you or ebs might suggest.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
The line is not as white hot as you or ebs might suggest.

I suggested no such thing

You however suggested that certain players should not pass to other players based on skill.

By that logic then McD really should never pass the puck.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
We need to come out of this weekend with a minimum of two points. We are playing two average teams and need to break out of this little slump before moving on to Pittsburgh and Dallas. That being said, I remain confident that this team will be able to play well this weekend.

I am a fan of the lineup changes. I think Lucic's play style will really compliment Draisaitl. They should be an excellent possession duo given their size and cycling ability. I would have liked to see Pouliot up with McDavid instead of Maroon, just because I feel Pou is a slightly more offensively capable player, but that said I understand the logic of having Maroon there as they did play extremely well together at the end of last year and Maroon fills the protector role a little better than Pou.

On another note, I am wondering if Talbot will play both games. He can't play all 82, and although he gives us a strong chance to win every game, he will need some time off to maintain his current level of play. Is The Monster still injured? If not I believe he will start against the less offensively talented Red Wings.

Here's to hoping for four points this weekend! Should be fun to watch!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm glad to see those lines, but I'm cautious about it since for all we know those won't be the lines on game day.

It makes sense to break up the top line after two or three bad games in a row. However, I don't think totally blowing up everything is called for. Maroon-McDavid-Eberle was a fantastic line last year. If that line screws up now, then kick Eberle off of it. Lucic has been truly awful, after playing very good for a few games before that, particularly in the St.Louis game.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Lost a close one in Manhattan.

In my opinion tomorrow is a "must win" to get out of this funk. Islanders are a mess right now.

Oiler's despite losing last night sit at 7-3-1 and still in top spot in the Pacific division.

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle (Let's hope Maroon can get his magic going again. I like this line)
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi (Nuge is an elite passer, Getr open JP)
Lucic-Draisaitl-Kassian (Cycle down low and wear them down)
Lander-Letestu-Pitlick

Question, who do you start? Talbot for the win and Gus for the back to back?

I like the shake up of those lines a lot. If those are the lines let's hope it works well tomorrow!

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
expecting puljujarvi to back in third line by the third period while ending the game with <12 mins and lucic back with mcdavid with us prob loosing 5-1.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No matter how bad Edmonton'll do in this game, it will never be as bad as Montreal is doing tonight.

0-10 against Columbus!

You're a Ducks fan, you seem to be popping in here frequently which of course is all good.

But if you're going to come in here and say **** like that, just save it or post it on the mains.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Results have been close lately, i"m hoping this one will go our way.

I desperately want Eberle to start showing up in a meaningful way, he is dynamite, a game breaker, he just needs to feel it.

Go Oil

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
You're a Ducks fan, you seem to be popping in here frequently which of course is all good.

But if you're going to come in here and say **** like that, just save it or post it on the mains.

I thought it was all in good fun.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I thought it was all in good fun.

Ehh maybe it was.

It's one those things were its different if one of us say that in our sub-forum, we don't need other fans saying it. That wouldn't fly for a second in HFJets.

What's your thoughts on the upcoming game? I like the line shuffling, I think Maroon is a better fit with McDavid than Lucic is.

Njd86

May 9, 2010
Let's win this one boys!! I would rather see Ebs swapped out. Don't know why but I'd like to have a look at Kassian with McDavid. Lucic McDavid Kassian.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
This team has raised my expectations to the degree were it's a major disappointment losing to a team like the rangers. A team that beat Tampa Bay 6-1 and the Blues 5-0. Which is why I think we should beat the Islanders we left a point on the table against the leafs, hopefully we walk out of long island with 2 points.

Like the line changes. The third line looks devastating, and also like RNH with Pulju. Now let's see what Maroon does on McDavids wing, hopefully they rekindle all of last year's chem. Also, is it just me or does Maroon have better mitts than Lucic?

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Do we even really have a third line? I basically see it as us having two second lines haha.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Ehh maybe it was.

It's one those things were its different if one of us say that in our sub-forum, we don't need other fans saying it. That wouldn't fly for a second in HFJets.

What's your thoughts on the upcoming game? I like the line shuffling, I think Maroon is a better fit with McDavid than Lucic is.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Do we even really have a third line? I basically see it as us having two second lines haha.

True, Lucic, Drai and Kassian is the lesser skilled of the two other lines though, granted not by much. I can just see them cycle the puck for half hour :laugh:

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I miss destiny panics Eberle. Dude drove the net.

McD's linemates have to stop deferring to McD on every play. Use his skills to create a 5 man unit threat to score. He'll open up the space, use it. Maroon has been excellent this year. Eberle needs to step it up.

Lucic-Drai-Kass will be dominant IF they can get to the puck first on the dump and chase or force turnovers with some board battle magic. Should be good for tap in goals.

I love that Nuge has been rewarded with a shooter. Pulju has looked good, still doesn't look ready ready to me, but improved every game. Hope he can find some confidence, he'll break out.

I miss Slepy, too bad he can't really slot in anywhere right now.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

You seem to follow my posts around commenting on them, that's kind of stalkerish if you ask me.

And I enjoy following/watching several teams, Edmonton being one of them. :)

Making a comment on Montreal's bad outing as a joke seems to offend you, I can't for the life of me understand why.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
just got my tix should be fun!

SUB-CITY-ISLANDERS-1-master675.jpg

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Curious to see that lineup.
My ideal one:
Maroon McDavid Puljujärvi
Lucic RNH Eberle
Pouliot Drai Kassian
Lander Letestu Pitlick

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I miss destiny panics Eberle. Dude drove the net.

McD's linemates have to stop deferring to McD on every play. Use his skills to create a 5 man unit threat to score. He'll open up the space, use it. Maroon has been excellent this year. Eberle needs to step it up.

Lucic-Drai-Kass will be dominant IF they can get to the puck first on the dump and chase or force turnovers with some board battle magic. Should be good for tap in goals.

I love that Nuge has been rewarded with a shooter. Pulju has looked good, still doesn't look ready ready to me, but improved every game. Hope he can find some confidence, he'll break out.

I miss Slepy, too bad he can't really slot in anywhere right now.

After getting decked by Johnson and getting 6M, for some weird reason, he doesn't move his legs much any more and stops skating.

I find his half ass stick 'checks'...if you wanna even call them that, the most disgusting aspect of his game.

Maybe he misses his Bff?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad