Pre-Game Talk: Oilers at Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Lost a close one in Manhattan.

In my opinion tomorrow is a "must win" to get out of this funk. Islanders are a mess right now.

Oiler's despite losing last night sit at 7-3-1 and still in top spot in the Pacific division.

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle (Let's hope Maroon can get his magic going again. I like this line)
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi (Nuge is an elite passer, Getr open JP)
Lucic-Draisaitl-Kassian (Cycle down low and wear them down)
Lander-Letestu-Pitlick

Question, who do you start? Talbot for the win and Gus for the back to back?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Ladd is gonna score twice and break the slump. So the Oilers need to buckle down. We need scoring from the McDavid line. We need scoring from Draisaitl.

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
Lucky for us, we still have a 3PT lead on the division despite the slide.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Lost a close one in Manhattan.

In my opinion tomorrow is a "must win" to get out of this funk. Islanders are a mess right now.

Oiler's despite losing last night sit at 7-3-1 and still in top spot in the Pacific division.

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle (Let's hope Maroon can get his magic going again. I like this line)
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi (Nuge is an elite passer, Getr open JP)
Lucic-Draisaitl-Kassian (Cycle down low and wear them down)
Lander-Letestu-Pitlick

Question, who do you start? Talbot for the win and Gus for the back to back?

Eberle should have been dropped off that line, too. Pulju, or Pitlick should have replaced him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is a big game for us, we cannot afford a 4 game losing streak. Here's to hoping that we take it to the Islanders as IIRC they really took it to us last year.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
The Islanders have always given us a tough game on the road so it should be interesting.

But as long as the players and coaches are learning from the mistakes that were made, we give ourselves a good shot to win this game with the way this team has been showing up.

TennisBalls

Jan 14, 2013
Manhattan
I actually like those lines. They're a little more minor than some are suggesting, but they could be just enough to get some spark going. Pitlick is playing well but I wouldn't say he should be on the top line, and Pulju still needs a bit of time until we throw him with McDavid. I think if required, that would be the next mix up. We are all quite quick to give up on Eberle. Let's see how he responds. Hopefully the coaching staff is being very critical but supportive of him in meetings etc.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I actually like those lines. They're a little more minor than some are suggesting, but they could be just enough to get some spark going. Pitlick is playing well but I wouldn't say he should be on the top line, and Pulju still needs a bit of time until we throw him with McDavid. I think if required, that would be the next mix up. We are all quite quick to give up on Eberle. Let's see how he responds. Hopefully the coaching staff is being very critical but supportive of him in meetings etc.

It's not so much that I think either of those guys played themselves onto the top line, I just think Eberle has played himself off of it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This is a big game for us, we cannot afford a 4 game losing streak. Here's to hoping that we take it to the Islanders as IIRC they really took it to us last year.
NYI scored the first touchdown on Super Bowl Sunday last season. 8-1 :help:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Unpopular opinion: I would scratch Pitlick for this game.

I like his energy as much as the next guy but he has been losing his assignment in the D-zone a lot lately.

I also want to get Slepyshev into the lineup and I have a hard time taking Lander out when the PK is rolling like it is.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Todd is very critical while supportive. As a coaching style.
I'm really hoping Pulju looks good with Nuge. Two chances to impress could mean a move up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad