Confirmed with Link: Oilers activate Cam Talbot & assign Nick Ellis to Bakersfield Condors.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Brossoit has a save percentage of 88.6% on the season so he really doesn't get a lot of slack from me. Sure in the games he plays, not every goal is his "fault"... but with that type of bottom of the barrel save percentage... the team could and should look at another option as well. There's no reason not to look and see what Ellis can deliver... especially since he's not an 18 year old goalie.

Ellis turns 24 next month and I think he deserves a game or 2 as he's looked good in the AHL (at least as good as Brossoit) and overall Brossoit has looked average and inconsistent at best.

The team has no issues sitting out forwards and dmen and trying out different line combos and pairings... it should certainly be the same in net when a goalie isn't playing up to a reasonable level.

I think its important to look at what happened in the game instead of replacing it with numbers.
Numbers in and of themselves dont tell accurate story all the time.

As for Ellis...I dont think he is the answer. I would like to see an experienced backup here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yes I was comparing the two in reference to my saying they sent the wrong goalie down.

Ultimately we need an experienced NHL backup.

Develop goalies properly. Not sitting on the bench for 90% of the games.

Reactions: guymez

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Forrest-Gump.jpg

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
thank god. l feel like they should have given Ellis the last twenty minutes against Nashville, but oh well.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Really, really happy to see Talbot back.

Though Sekera and Larsson's return is more important right now. How much longer, I can't stand this. Never in my mind did I think Sekera made this much of a impact on this team. If he comes back and the Oil go and make the playoffs, he's going to get a lot more respect around the NHL.

Lets go Dadbot!!!

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Who is teaching the goalies to spend the majority of their time crawling around on the ice? It is obvious teams have been told to shoot upstairs because Talbot and LB go down before the puck is even shot. Then they are crawling around on the ground hugging posts.

That is really tiring for a goalie and it becomes very predictable. Did the Oilers goaltending coach ever play goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad