Post-Game Talk: Oilers 7 Canes 3

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
veuXRfc.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Best game of the season was drumming the Flames before Christmas despite Broissoit's meltdown. Or McDavid's 4 goal night vs. Tampa. This was alright, Carolina looked like they played in a coma.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I just saw the highlights but wow Darling looked brutal. Like "I don't care anymore" bad.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Great game by Draisaitl. He can be such a beast when he’s on his game.
Thought JP had a very good game. Been a bit critical oh him lately but nice game. Play him in the top 6...
Stromes had a pretty nice second half.
I think Auvitu has been more good than bad. Considering how bad the defense has been bad this year, not sure why he hasn’t got more opportunity. Just another puzzling decision by the coaching staff.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
No way to not like the kid...needs to be better in games though. Needs to be smarter.

Nice to see him get a goal tonight.

Same can be said for the entire team. But it seems like the Finnish teen is the only one the coach is singling out.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Same can be said for the entire team. But it seems like the Finnish teen is the only one the coach is singling out.

Dont agree. 98 has been really bad in a lot of games I have watched. Really bad.

He needs to show something IMO.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
JP has the hugest melon, the biggest smile and a great personality... I just hope his on ice play keeps improving and he cements himself in the top 6... deservedly.

I liked Yak a lot as well and that didn't turn out well... I am hoping JP turns out much better.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
JP has the hugest melon, the biggest smile and a great personality... I just hope his on ice play keeps improving and he cements himself in the top 6... deservedly.

I liked Yak a lot as well and that didn't turn out well... I am hoping JP turns out much better.

The comparisons are getting to be more realistic. When I watch Jesse play too much of the time he doesnt have a clue where to go on the ice.
This is completely independent of who he plays with and if he is on the PP.
Think the game.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Yakupov was 6'4 and could back check he'd still be here. That said, I don't know if that was a real good pick at that spot, but again that would be par for the course for the Oilers.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The comparisons are getting to be more realistic. When I watch Jesse play too much of the time he doesnt have a clue where to go on the ice.
This is completely independent of who he plays with and if he is on the PP.
Think the game.
Can't this be said about all of our wingers save the ones who can play centre too?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The funny thing is Jesse has the highest goals per game on the team for any pure winger, lol.

Reactions: PulYou

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Can't this be said about all of our wingers save the ones who can play centre too?

Jesse has been worse IMO....especially positionally. I am not saying this because I dont like the kid...I really do like him. I just see him out of position far too much...not being where he is supposed to be when he is supposed to be there.

It was surprising to hear this very thing talked about on Stauffers show today.
Its hard to hear but its true.

I wouldn't deal him though...too soon. Really hard to know at this early stage what his ceiling is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad