Oilers 5, Flames 2 - Everything is Awful

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
6-2 oilers, calling it.

Auston Matthews, come on down!

The Oilers always fill me with unease when we play them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They don't want to lose him.

So why not play him?

Hiller and Ramo have been continuing their mediocre play but without ridiculous saves to make up for it.
I get why. But they are just ruining his development sitting him. SO they should have just waive him.

Also the problem hasn't been the goalies so much as everyone else.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just a few notes for the Oilers lineup.

Slepyshev is a healthy scratch, while Purcell moves up the the third line in his stead, and Klinkhammer is in tonight on the 4th line. Also, Reinhart is in, and Davidson is out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Got some cashola on this game. I'm destroying Fantasy this year.

Need to have a good start and sustain it much better.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Awesome GDT!!! Love it!!!

Go Flames! We need this; we need to right this ship - and we can. GFG!!!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Both teams will be desperate for a win. Calgary needs to start strong tonight, otherwise this one will get ugly.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Just carry the puck.

Please, stick to carrying the puck and it'll be fine.

3-2.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Ortio isn't ready to start but he can play backup. If we're not going to put him in the rotation just trade him. Jesus. He should play tonight

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Hoping for a big game out of Hiller. Going to need it, seeing how this team has played as of late.

Yeah, me too. Right now the goaltending situation feels a lot like last year. Not horrible, but not great either. I guess there's no reason to think it would be any different.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
You'd think against EDM of all teams you would play Joni.. But whatever, it would be cool to win though ....

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think it's more likely Hartley and Treliving don't see eye to eye on Ortio. Hartley's always prioritized 'winning now.' Treliving balances the present with the future. Could be Hartley sending Treliving a not so subtle message to hurry up and deal with the three headed monster that never should have been.

But I do wonder how deep of a hole Hartley's going to dig before he gives Ortio a chance. Treliving might just have to bite the bullet and waive Hiller to make that happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it's more likely Hartley and Treliving don't see eye to eye on Ortio. Hartley's always prioritized 'winning now.' Treliving balances the present with the future. Could be Hartley sending Treliving a not so subtle message to hurry up and deal with the three headed monster that never should have been.

But I do wonder how deep of a hole Hartley's going to dig before he gives Ortio a chance. Treliving might just have to bite the bullet and waive Hiller to make that happen.
No, it's as simple as this,

Ortio is not ready to platoon at the NHL level. Flames are scared to lose him on waivers.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary

Or waive Ramo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad