Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Wild 2

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I hear you but Auvitu is just so soft down low. For me Benning has a higher battle level.
We need balance... Benning is lesser version of Larsson, Russell and even Davidson. Battling is not an issue... moving up the puck is

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hear you but Auvitu is just so soft down low. For me Benning has a higher battle level.

Despite his battle level though he's getting routinely beaten to loose pucks and is so chaotic with the puck.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Missed the game. How did Talbot look in his return. Did the team look more confident with him in net?
I thought he looked very confident for the most part. He’s still a tire fire when he decides to leave the net and play the puck. He almost gave it away needlessly a few times. Other than that though, he’s a stabling force in the net. The team looked much more confident with him in there than they did for LB.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Missed the game. How did Talbot look in his return. Did the team look more confident with him in net?
Talbot looked good... saved the bacon on multiple locations... almost got burned on wrap arounds a couple times though... this is not the last year's Cam

Reactions: nabob

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Good win.

Winning is more important than draft position this year. Even if the playoffs are out of reach.

Have to build a winning culture.

yup this is the 1st year that i don't care about the draft at all. and even though we still need to build up our system, i'd be OK with trading a few picks to add pieces we need to win now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Really impressed with Lucic in this game. Might have been his best game of the season.

Lucic has been really good all season, it's about time he get some recognition.

Putting Pulju on a time killing PP at the end of the game instead of during the rest of the game makes no sense. It should be Letestu on that late PP and Pulju the rest of the game. Confusing coaching staff.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Team looked about the same, which is mostly good but still sitting back too much after we get a goal up. Talbot was solid and was much faster in tracking the puck and moving laterally than LB can. He really had no chance on the 2nd Wild goal -- that one was on Cammy who bewilderingly completely left his position, leaving a ton of space for Dumba to pinch in and hammer it home from around the faceoff circle. Mostly a good game though, and the effort level was solid throughout.

Reactions: nabob

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Good win.

Winning is more important than draft position this year. Even if the playoffs are out of reach.

Have to build a winning culture.

Especially with the lotto system now.

1) NJD (5th highest odds - 8.5%)
2) PHL (13th highest odds - 2.2%)
3) DAL (8th highest odds - 5.8%)

Just try and win every game if you fall short anything can happen

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Talbot looked good... saved the bacon on multiple locations... almost got burned on wrap arounds a couple times though... this is not the last year's Cam

He was apparently battling his injury almost all season so far before being shut down. Hopefully he's 100% now. I'll give him a few games to find his rhythm again.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yup for sure...Benning has had his struggles.
Lots of warts in Auvitus game as well.

I feel as though Benning got scouted hard and other teams realized his strength is playing 1-on-1 with his physicality and gap control on rushes coming into the zone. Speed is his weakness so teams are basically just dumping the puck in on his side which forces him to do puck retrieval, which is also a weakness.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Putting Pulju on a time killing PP at the end of the game instead of during the rest of the game makes no sense. It should be Letestu on that late PP and Pulju the rest of the game. Confusing coaching staff.

Lucic has had his troubling moments IMO but by and large he has been good this season. This just looked like a particularly strong game for him. I dont recall one lazy/stupid play at all this game and he usually has at least one.

Hopefully Maroon was paying attention.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Kind of makes you think they just wanted to be able to tell the media he got some pp time the next time they’re asked.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I feel as though Benning got scouted hard and other teams realized his strength is playing 1-on-1 with his physicality and gap control on rushes coming into the zone. Speed is his weakness so teams are basically just dumping the puck in on his side which forces him to do puck retrieval, which is also a weakness.

I dont think so. I think his game so far is just due to development. After all he is still very inexperienced/raw as an NHL dman.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I dont think so. I think his game so far is just due to development. After all he is still very inexperienced/raw as an NHL dman.

Maybe that's the cause of his weaknesses, but it doesn't change the fact that they are what they are at this point in time. Guy makes me nervous every time he has to retrieve a dump in with pressure coming.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers last nine games.

W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W.

Time to break this pattern and get on a roll. We might have to pull a 2016 Flames but it's not too late to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad