Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Fair ?.
Short, direct answer is

Skjei
Holden
Graves

I believe we can add suitable LD as needed.

I have a multiple scenario deal which moves Staal, but he would be in there until then. Revised version of the last big scenario.

I'll have for you Sat-ish
thanks, am swamped

bye

So you trade McD and roll with a LD core that features Holden as the most experienced and your 1LD has all of 7 games experience? :shakehead

Also, just because one poster agrees to one of your millions of trade proposals, doesn't make it set in stone or any more likely to happen. Holy moly

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I truly hope that's the case but its possible that may be hard to envision for this reason. If Nash has a rebound year (and many think he will) the Rangers probably are in a playoff spot and I find it hard to believe the Rangers would flip Nash to another contender for picks at that point. I hope Gorton sticks with the plan and would trade him when his value is high but would he be a seller on Nash if lets say Nash is having a 30 plus goal season and the team is top 4-5 in the standings in the east?

Except that Nash could have a 30+ goal season and with our defense that may not be nearly enough :laugh:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Live look-in on Dominic Moore realizing Tanner Glass isn't his winger anymore

tumblr_inline_obgdn8nkov1qcs08a_500.gif

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Live look-in on Dominic Moore realizing Tanner Glass isn't his winger anymore

tumblr_inline_obgdn8nkov1qcs08a_500.gif

"Dominic crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of **** smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile."

"Dominic Moore... who crawled through a river of **** and came out clean on the other side. Dominic Moore... headed for the Atlantic Division."

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
"Dominic crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of **** smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile."

"Dominic Moore... who crawled through a river of **** and came out clean on the other side. Dominic Moore... headed for the Atlantic Division."

Read this entire thing in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

He crawled through 82 games with a left winger of ****....and came out Corsi negative on the other side....

Class act, glad we had him back. Remember him stepping up in the Montreal series

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I didn't want Moore back but it's good to see he's found another team. He is a good guy. There was no point for us--35 years old and it seemed to me he was running on fumes in the second half of last season. If he was going to continue he needed a fresh start.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So you trade McD and roll with a LD core that features Holden as the most experienced and your 1LD has all of 7 games experience? :shakehead

Also, just because one poster agrees to one of your millions of trade proposals, doesn't make it set in stone or any more likely to happen. Holy moly

the overall pluses outweigh the negatives, esp long term

like it or not, win now will yield...

That would be the worst starting left side in the NHL.

arguably not, but no matter, even IF that were the case, for how long?

THAT'S the point.
Skjei can cut it
Graves 3 pair minutes not unreasonable
Holden played well under bad circumstances.

give these guys good matching partners, yeah there's a learning curve, but THAT IS TEMPORARY.

get real, and get over it

If you REALLY want to advance the team ASAP, you make this kind of sink or swim move.

I agree it is a gamble, but a prudent one. all things considered.

Oh, he was talking about our NHL line-up? See, I get confused with all these line-ups with players who aren't allowed to buy a beer on friday night.

It's a Calder line up, as in AHL Calder

Yeah. funny (not).
be that as it may, like it or not
YOUTH WILL BE SERVED.

.... there's a reason it's a saying
just sayin

:handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo:

Read this entire thing in Morgan Freeman's voice.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

His legs were gone last year. I'm not sure better linemates are going to help him. Rooting for the guy though.

Dat^.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Craig Custance compared the Penguins to the teams in the Metro division

But there are qualities of the Penguins' blueprint that are a near necessity to be considered a true Stanley Cup contender, including these five:

1. A franchise centerman: Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are just the latest in a long line of franchise centers to win a Stanley Cup. It’s almost at the point now where you may be able to rule out really good teams out if they don’t have one. Pittsburgh happens to have two.

2. A franchise defenseman who can play 30 minutes if necessary: Kris Letang was fantastic in the postseason last spring. Just like Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith and Zdeno Chara before him.

3. Major contributions from players on entry-level deals: It’s a must-have in the salary cap economy. Championship rosters can’t only be built on expensive veterans. To have high-paid stars, teams need contributions from young players on their first contract. The Penguins don’t win the Cup without goaltender Matt Murray. He made $642,500 last season.

4. Three skilled scoring lines: Much of the Penguins' success can be traced to the creation of the Nick Bonino, Phil Kessel and Carl Hagelin line. It made the Penguins all but unstoppable while teams focused on Crosby and Malkin.

5. A mobile defense: You need defensemen who can quickly get the puck and start the transition the other way, ideally getting the puck to forwards with a head of steam. Adding a defenseman like Trevor Daley midseason helped transform the Penguins. The more puck-movers, the better on defense.

So how do the other teams in the NHL stack up in these five categories? We’ll examine that in the next two weeks, starting with the Metropolitan Division:

1. Franchise centerman: This has been the knock on the Rangers the past several seasons. Derek Stepan is a good center, but he isn’t a franchise center.

2. Big-minute franchise defenseman: Ryan McDonagh qualifies here. He’s still one of the best, finishing No. 15 in Norris Trophy voting last season.

3. Entry-level contributors: This is the biggest payoff of GM Jeff Gorton landing Jimmy Vesey. He may not live up to the hype, but he’s going to out-produce his contract. For a team that hasn’t had first-round picks recently, the Rangers have done a nice job bringing in talent on the cheap, either in the form of college free agents or bargain-bin veterans like Brandon Pirri and Michael Grabner.

4. Three skilled scoring lines: The emergence of J.T. Miller helps the cause here, but the Rangers' depth up front has taken a hit the last couple seasons as the price tags on their young talent have gone up.

5. Mobile defense: The loss of Keith Yandle hurts, as does the decline of Dan Girardi. The Rangers' defense still needs a retooling for New York to be considered among the East’s elite.

Total: Two out of five. As long as Henrik Lundqvist is in goal, you can’t discount the Rangers' chances, but this group looks more like a team in transition than a true Stanley Cup contender.

http://www.espn.com/blog/craig-custance/insider/post?id=8109

A team in transition does not trade for a soon to be 28 year old D and give him 7 years/$49M.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Out of those 5 criteria, I think the Rangers are strongest in the "3 skilled scoring lines" one. McD is a great d-man, but I'm not convinced he can match what Letang and Keith brought to the table these past couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad