Speculation: Offseason Thread #10?: Whats the plan, Stan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
At this point Stepan > kreider > Miller

Miller is highly overrated because he had one good month when he didn't look like hot garbage...

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'll be honest with you I'm not surprised.

Hayes was a God 12 months ago. Untouchable. Now he's getting packaged in deals left right and center.

I thought Hayes was easily my biggest disappointment of the past season. My hopes for him remain higher than my hopes for Kreider, but if Hayes look like last season again, I would have no problem dumping him

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He is only 25. People really need to stop thinking a player's development is done at 21. Kreider graduated this summer which means he doesn't have that interfering with his play. I am sure he will get better and more consistent in the next 2 seasons.

You're not sure. You're hoping because you love him as a player. We all feel that way when we fall in love with a player.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Stepan has clearly been a better hockey player than Kreider, to date.

Stepan has been better but Kreider has been good as well.

Stepan averages .26 goals per game and .45 assists per game.

Kreider averages .25 goals per game and .27 assists per game.

Kreider also throws in around 160 hits a season where as Stepan has only averaged around 35 hits per season in his last 3 seasons. Stepan threw a lot more hits in his first two seasons (83, 137). I'm not sure why his hit numbers have fallen off a cliff.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Brooks wrote an article yesterday basically ripping the leagues handling of second contracts and specifically the Panthers and how they handled their players coming off ELCs.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/09/how-panthers-show-aftershocks-of-nhls-erased-bridge-contracts/

the panthers aren't the only problem and its been going on since before the last lockout...slats seemed to be the only guy to play hardball on bridge deals. and its a big reason for salary inflation. no doubt it will be a topic in the next lockout

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
There isn't even a comparison to be made between Stepan and Kreider, TBH.

Stepan plays the tougher position, and is better both offensively and defensively. He's such an easier guy to root for than Kreider is. Stepan is less athletically gifted in just about every way, but the man plays a smart, consistent game, and gives max effort on a game to game, as well as shift to shift basis.

Kreider plays a dumb game and disappears for large stretches. He hardly even uses his speed anymore. He's always had hands of stone, but he has all the tools to be a much more noticeable player than he currently is.

Stepan is making the most of his God given talent. Kreider isn't. I hope in time that he finds equilibrium.

Stepan is a much, much more valuable player at this point in time.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
There isn't even a comparison to be made between Stepan and Kreider, TBH.

Stepan plays the tougher position, and is better both offensively and defensively. He's such an easier guy to root for than Kreider is. Stepan is less athletically gifted in just about every way, but the man plays a smart, consistent game, and gives max effort on a game to game, as well as shift to shift basis.

Kreider plays a dumb game and disappears for large stretches. He hardly even uses his speed anymore. He's always had hands of stone, but he has all the tools to be a much more noticeable player than he currently is.

Stepan is making the most of his God given talent. Kreider isn't. I hope in time that he finds equilibrium.

Stepan is a much, much more valuable player at this point in time.

:handclap: My feelings exactly

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'm 6'3 225, from New England, played college hockey there, 44 points in 79 nhl games as a 24 yr old. Struggled with size, speed and scoring first few years in the league.

Who am I ??

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'll never understand how someone can say Stepan's plateaued while Kreider still has all the potential in the world.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'll never understand how someone can say Stepan's plateaued while Kreider still has all the potential in the world.

I never understand why we waste time bashing the guys on our team that actually live up to their contracts. Almost all teams in the league would be happy to have guys like Kreider, Stepan, JT, Brass, Mcd, and Zooks based on their production and contracts.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I never understand why we waste time bashing the guys on our team that actually live up to their contracts. Almost all teams in the league would be happy to have guys like Kreider, Stepan, JT, Brass, Mcd, and Zooks based on their production and contracts.

Agreed.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I'm 6'3 225, from New England, played college hockey there, 44 points in 79 nhl games as a 24 yr old. Struggled with size, speed and scoring first few years in the league.

Who am I ??

Leclair?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That I am. But I was pretending to be John Leclair.

He's the reason I wait one more year to see what Kreiders got.

I see why you used Leclair in your post. I do not expect CK to be a John Leclair type scorer but I do expect CK to improve.

I think CK has set a baseline minimum of 20 goals-40 point player. I think he will be a 20-35 goal scorer for most of his career. His points will probably be in the 40-65 point range. When you throw in his 165 hits a year you have a pretty good player in this era's NHL.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Kreider also has been under the spotlight since he was a teen, something Leclair really didn't have to deal with.

That said, CK needs to take a step forward this season, kid gloves are off.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Kreider also has been under the spotlight since he was a teen, something Leclair really didn't have to deal with.

That said, CK needs to take a step forward this season, kid gloves are off.

I think Leclair was under a spotlight in MTL. MTL is sometimes tougher on their players than NY as hard as that is to believe.

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Any news on rangers as far as rumors trades etc ?

I can't believe they didn't address defense

And if they are gonna keep same D you gotta fire AV cause he's not gonna adjust his game plan

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I would consider moving Kreider to right wing this season. That would force him to change up his game a bit a open up his shot. Plus Stepan passing to him wouldn't be across his body anymore so maybe speed up that line.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Any news on rangers as far as rumors trades etc ?

I can't believe they didn't address defense

And if they are gonna keep same D you gotta fire AV cause he's not gonna adjust his game plan

Adressing the D and firing AV ain't gonna happen. At least for a long time. Maybe in 2017.

source: my intuition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad