Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
A few controversial 'would you' questions.

Would you:

Trade Drai for Subban then sign Tavares to big money? Yes? How big is big money?

Trade Sekera + 10th for Hamilton + Frolik? YES

Trade Nurse for Hanifin? DEPENDS ON THE SALARY ASK

Offer a contract to Voynov? HELL NO

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014

Would you:

Trade Drai for Subban then sign Tavares to big money?

Trade Sekera + 10th for Hamilton + Frolik?

Trade Nurse for Hanifin?

Offer a contract to Voynov?

Can't afford the 1st.

Flames wouldn't ever touch the second.

Meh on the 3rd.

No to the 4th.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Would you:

Trade Drai for Subban then sign Tavares to big money?

Assuming Tavares would want $10M+, the answer would be no. I'm also very leary about picking up Subban.

Trade Sekera + 10th for Hamilton + Frolik?

Absolutely, but can't see the Flames going for that.

Trade Nurse for Hanifin?

No, if Hanifin was a RHD, I'd think about it more.

Offer a contract to Voynov?

Nope.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If we move out Draisaitl for Subban, we can't afford Tavares. So the whole idea is a moot point.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Of course we can afford Tavares and Subban. There's definitely a team that will take Lucic off our hands for the 2019 1st
.... Then if Pulju or Yamamoto become players we have to trade them for picks cause we can't afford literally anything else.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Tavares on the market is more like 10-11M than 9M.

If you're committing to Draisaitl, McDavid and RNH on the roster, I don't see the point in chasing that whale. Fix the defense.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Anyone else on board with offer sheeting Montour? Would only cost a 1st and 3rd for anything under 6.1 million. Or 1st 2nd and 3rd for 6 to 8 million. I would throw him anything under 6.5 million.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
.... Then if Pulju or Yamamoto become players we have to trade them for picks cause we can't afford literally anything else.
I wouldn't care. If we had two #1 C and a top d-man that can move the puck with his skating and passing, I'd be fine moving Pulju and Yamo if they ever cost too much.

Reactions: MisterD

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Anyone else on board with offer sheeting Montour? Would only cost a 1st and 3rd for anything under 6.1 million. Or 1st 2nd and 3rd for 6 to 8 million. I would throw him anything under 6.5 million.

That's actually a great idea. They'd probably match, but it would mess with their cap situation going forward if nothing else. They have Silfverberg and Henrique as pending UFA's and Gibson will get a massive raise as an RFA next offseason.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's actually a great idea. They'd probably match, but it would mess with their cap situation going forward if nothing else. They have Silfverberg and Henrique as pending UFA's and Gibson will get a massive raise as an RFA next offseason.
Kesler came back down which is bad for them.

Some interesting times coming there. What happens if ownership cuts salary?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
It's not like Edmonton is the place to be right now. I'm sure if there was a chance for him to go to LA or something he'd be all over it.

This is not the direction LA is going. Quite the opposite.

The only teams that have the cap space for such a dump are uncompetitive teams, aka the teams that would be least desirable for Lucic to waive for, which is precisely why his camp worked the clause into his contract.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is not the direction LA is going. Quite the opposite.

The only teams that have the cap space for such a dump are uncompetitive teams, aka the teams that would be least desirable for Lucic to waive for, which is precisely why his camp worked the clause into his contract.
If they are getting picks or prospects to take on a bad contract that could work for them.

The other thing to do is get smart and make it a three way where us and another team are retaining money.

Fact is right now we are one of those least desirable places. Where would you rather be, EDM or LA?

For lucic going forward I would assume if his game is going down hill he isn't going to be afraid to go to a market where it's not so media crazy. Might not be as hard for him to waive after dealing with Terry Johns and Jim Matheson everyday.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think McLellan has maximum 20 games and if we aren’t at .500 by then he is gone. If he makes it past that but we don’t make the playoffs he is gone.

If we don’t make the playoffs Chiarelli is gone.

If we do make the playoffs next year I think both will stay for the season after, especially if we make it past round 1.

I think/hope Talbot will bounce back and put up a .915-.920 season. I think the guy we just signed will prove to be a capable backup but nothing more than that.

I really think Chia/Gretzky have a specific player or 2 in mind for the 10th pick and if they can’t get the guy they want Chia will try to move the pick with another piece for a RHD. Probably Faulk from Carolina because he just had a meh season and his value is probably the lowest it’s ever been.

I think Klefbom will come back healthy and look like/improve upon 2016/2017 Klefbom. I think Nurse will continue to develop and establish himself as a true all around top 4 D.

I think Lucic will have a better season and play (mostly) up to his contract next year.

I think both Bear and Yamamoto make the team out of camp. Yamamoto stays for ~30 games and goes to the AHL. Bear sticks in the NHL and may not play in the AHL ever again.

Puljuarvi puts up ~50 points if he isn’t the piece that gets traded with the 10th pick which I have a feeling he might be.

Solid predictions all around, especially on the management side. I do remember another month of May offseason though when we expected that Eakins would get 20 games to prove himself and was gone a month later... so anything is still possible depending on the scuttle-butt.

The rest I'm reasonably on board with though I think Bear is AHL bound if our pick is traded for a D and that Pulju is more likely in the 40-45 point range and we should be ok with that for this year. He may rotate for prime ice time with Yama until Yama ends up going down (as you predict he will), which will put a cap on Pulju's achievable numbers.

I like the idea of Lucic/Drai/Pulju or Yama as our 2nd line.

Reactions: suddeninterest

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Wow! That's a heck of a lot of money for a promising young D man who would more likely be in line for the typical young D bridge deal... I mean his counting numbers aren't any better than Hamilton or plenty of other young D who signed RFA deals in the $4M range... round up for inflation of course, but that's way short of $6M.

I was impressed with him last year, but not THAT impressed... admittedly I didn't catch many ANA games this year. What am I missing?

Reactions: kurtcobang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad