Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't see RNH being dealt anytime soon unless the experiment with him at 1LW flops. So far, it isn't flopping and he and McDavid are building some nice chemistry. I want to see that progress over a longer period of time.

The only way I trade RNH and #10 for Pacioretty is if #3 OA also comes with Pacioretty. Extreme overpay for Montreal, but f*** them and everyone else. I'm tired of making other teams better in trades.

RNH is a center by nature and no doubt Montreal would put him back into that position and likely as their 1C. You want a 1C, you pay for it.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hey now, he's also still a much better skater than he gets credit for because he's often skating in the wrong direction. He was doing a great job IMO forechecking for McDavid that stint they played together.
His skating or commitment to fore-check isn't really prevalent though, which is why I didn't mention it. Outside of his one-time shot, he's currently a pretty vanilla player even when he's making somewhat of an impact.

I don't mind your idea of him on the third line though because Strome is a guy who can also utilize that shot as well as an offensive center.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't see RNH being dealt anytime soon unless the experiment with him at 1LW flops. So far, it isn't flopping and he and McDavid are building some nice chemistry. I want to see that progress over a longer period of time.

The only way I trade RNH and #10 for Pacioretty is if #3 OA also comes with Pacioretty. Extreme overpay for Montreal, but **** them and everyone else. I'm tired of making other teams better in trades.

RNH is a center by nature and no doubt Montreal would put him back into that position and likely as their 1C. You want a 1C, you pay for it.
The Habs have a #1 center in UFA if they want in Paul Stastny. And they have the cap to give him a ludicrous amount of money to try to keep the term short. Montreal needs to move on from Pacioretty, but target futures for the return. Realistically Pacioretty isn't going to return RNH. But even if they could, why would you?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I heard that Pacioretty deal is in the works for RNH and the 10th pick
That wouldn't surprise me, Chia leans heavily on his experience from Boston and he clearly would of "saw him good" in his time in Boston. Plus he's already stated he wanted to add leadership to the group and he has a close relationship with Bergevin. Chia isn't a total moron so I'm sure anything near that price would come with an extension, but that alone wouldn't make it a good deal.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
That wouldn't surprise me, Chia leans heavily on his experience from Boston and he clearly would of "saw him good" in his time in Boston. Plus he's already stated he wanted to add leadership to the group and he has a close relationship with Bergevin. Chia isn't a total moron so I'm sure anything near that price would come with an extension, but that alone wouldn't make it a good deal.

Yeah, but it's also obvious that he and McLellan think very highly of Nuge.

That rumour is bullshit and everyone knows it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sekera, Lucic and 10 +/- one of Safin/Maksimov (if Montreal wants more) for Pacioretty.

Sign Carlson.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Anyone else think Chia will call the Canucks and ask for Juolevi? Good chemistry with Pulju and could probably play next year after being 2nd in points by u23 d in liiga. He probably is looking to make another Reinhart like deal: get a young guy still on his elc that hasn't proven himself at the NHL level.
I'd rather he not make another Reinhart-like deal.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sekera, Lucic and 10 +/- one of Safin/Maksimov (if Montreal wants more) for Pacioretty.

Sign Carlson.
I mean it only relies on Montreal deciding that Lucic will play center and getting Lucic and Sekera to BOTH waive. No biggy

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
That rumor is complete BS. Chia has pretty much telegraphed every move he's made here.

He said Nuge is part of the core and he isn't willing to move his core. He also said he's happy with his wingers (so no Max Pac acquisition incoming). He re-iterated some of these same points last week to Gregor when he said no major moves just looking to make minor tweaks to bottom 6 and defense.

I wouldn't trade Nuge for #3 overall. Prospects are so overated. Zadina will become at best a 30-30 winger (at worst he could bust or somewhere in between and be a Pulj level play). Why trade Nuge for that?

And #10 for Max Pac is a no go for me especially with him being UFA after next season.

BS rumor from Habs fans IMO

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That rumor is complete BS. Chia has pretty much telegraphed every move he's made here.

He said Nuge is part of the core and he isn't willing to move his core. He also said he's happy with his wingers (so no Max Pac acquisition incoming). He re-iterated some of these same points last week to Gregor when he said no major moves just looking to make minor tweaks to bottom 6 and defense.

I wouldn't trade Nuge for #3 overall. Prospects are so overated. Zadina will become at best a 30-30 winger (at worst he could bust or somewhere in between and be a Pulj level play). Why trade Nuge for that?

And #10 for Max Pac is a no go for me especially with him being UFA after next season.

You do know some of the stuff he said was to keep hype down and not telegraph to other NHL GMs what we are looking for so they can raise the value? Like when he telegraphed we need a RH dman the year we traded Hall for Larsson? If he hadn't done that, maybe we could've got more for Hall

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You do know some of the stuff he said was to keep hype down and not telegraph to other NHL GMs what we are looking for so they can raise the value? Like when he telegraphed we need a RH dman the year we traded Hall for Larsson? If he hadn't done that, maybe we could've got more for Hall
I seriously doubt Hall's value would get much higher

the stench of losing affected every one of our players

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You can't honestly believe this. The need for a quality defenseman was on the needs list with the previous two GMs, they were just not willing to pay the exorbitant prices that were set by other GMs and resorted to guys like Ference, Fayne and Nikitin fill the void. Everyone and their dog knew the needs of the Edmonton Oilers and everyone knew what we had to pay to address them.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I seriously doubt Hall's value would get much higher

the stench of losing affected every one of our players

Im sure some sort of moneky-clown hybrid could have gotten a "better"return.......or at least more.....tantalizing......the questions is whether our moribund scouting and development staff would have gotten anything more than J. Squat when it was all over.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You can't honestly believe this. The need for a quality defenseman was on the needs list with the previous two GMs, they were just not willing to pay the exorbitant prices that were set by other GMs and resorted to guys like Ference, Fayne and Nikitin fill the void. Everyone and their dog knew the needs of the Edmonton Oilers and everyone knew what we had to pay to address them.

That's what makes the idea of us winning a trade this offseason for a right shooting d-man even more hilarious. The stage is set for another hilarious pantsing of the Oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yak simply doesn't work on his game. If he wanted to carve himself an NHL career he would swallow his offensive pride and learn how to be competent in his own zone. Learn to play defensive and not be a liability and he will get chances. Being occasionally great offensively but that's it will not keep you in this league.
The guy is just don't very good at anything either though. The guy was given more than a fair chance on their PP and still didn't really produce.

This isn't a guy who is putting up 40-50 points and just sucks in his own end. This is a guy with 48 points total the past 3 years and sucks away from the puck.

Guy needs to hire and Adam Oates and learn how to use what he has to the best of his ability. He really has no time to learn defense right now.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

But when gregor circled back around and asked about a vet winger to play in the top 6, chia changed his tone.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

This makes the most sense and what I have been saying. The death by a thousand cuts was a quote that people laughed at TMac for but it is not far from the truth. Between injuries on the backend, brutal special teams and some bad goaltending at times it just seems like a major move does not make sense. Plus we can not afford to move players unless its for a fantastic deal.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I still think it was the wrong move in telegraphing it out loud. Just should've said he's fine with the Defence and then looked around. But I don't think Chia is that smart

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That's what makes the idea of us winning a trade this offseason for a right shooting d-man even more hilarious. The stage is set for another hilarious pantsing of the Oilers.
We don't exactly need one today. I don't see the situations anywhere near being similar.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The guy is just don't very good at anything either though. The guy was given more than a fair chance on their PP and still didn't really produce.

This isn't a guy who is putting up 40-50 points and just sucks in his own end. This is a guy with 48 points total the past 3 years and sucks away from the puck.

Guy needs to hire and Adam Oates and learn how to use what he has to the best of his ability. He really has no time to learn defense right now.
The guy has no hockey IQ whatsoever. Best he can become is a Pouliot type player, if he changes his game up. But, like we all know, he's way too stubborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad