Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Subban for forward help probably wouldn't be too much of a boost for them offensively considering how much PK already does for them in that regard. They do need some help up front but I don't think it has to be a star forward. They just need Rinne to go an entire playoffs without collapsing.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Subban is their best player though. Shuts down the other team's best and is a monster on the PP. His contract is a bit rich but they're in a good spot salary wise with their only major concern on the hrozon being Ellis's next deal. They were the best team in the league this year and their core is locked in long term, why make a change?

Should have traded for Nuge instead...
Ellis was better offensively although he only played 42 games , I have always been high on Ellis he was a better 5/5 goal scorer when Weber last played there , and was always burried behind other Dman on the pp Ellis could easily become a 50-60 point dman if fed top pp time all season , he can replace Subban at that. And why make they change , Nashville never has had enough fire power up front to get job done

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Ellis was better offensively although he only played 42 games , I have always been high on Ellis he was a better 5/5 goal scorer when Weber last played there , and was always burried behind other Dman on the pp Ellis could easily become a 50-60 point dman if fed top pp time all season , he can replace Subban at that.

You are ignoring the part where Subban is their top EV D man. His offence on the PP is a nice add, but he's a dominant force outside of that. You can't just replace that.

And why make they change , Nashville never has had enough fire power up front to get job done

They were the seventh most prolific goalscoring team this year.

They need a goalie. That's it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
After we sign Nurse to ~4.5M per we will have ~5M in cap space to sign 5 players.
Guys like Okposo\Subban or even Faulk are not legit targets unless we are trading Draisaitl or one of the guys with a NMC.

Exactly. People don't seem to understand how tight we are to the cap. We have zero space to make UFA signings. We aren't going to have cap room for another 2-3 years, if then.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
even then we will have 7M to sign 5 players. One of them being Strome who will need a 3M QO.

Oilers are no no position to go out and get a big ticket player.
We have a little more than that this summer but you're correct more or less. The only way a 'big ticket' player comes in this summer is if one moves out--likely Oscar Klefbom.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I like the word tweak. Maybe hes coming to the conclusion that the cost to add a defenseman will create more holes in this team. I am fearful of him making a catastrophic trade or mortgaging the future for the short term.

I dont necessarily agree with the tweak to the bottom 6 though, unless JP and/or KY really make incredible strides (but I dont think he should assume that). I think they need to find a winger for Draisaitl. But it could be a player who was a middle 6 and just needs a new opportunity. That being said with their cap situation its pretty hard to just go out and get one.

Chiarellis got his work cut out. I think its better to tweak the roster though. They need to be smart and creative and bring in some guys who have the ability to push upwards.

Reactions: Cypress

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I like the word tweak. Maybe hes coming to the conclusion that the cost to add a defenseman will create more holes in this team. I am fearful of him making a catastrophic trade or mortgaging the future for the short term.

He's gonna trade Klef for a worse and more expensive D man who happens to shoot right, just wait.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
That comment by Chia shouldn't be a huge surprise. He stated similar things at the year end presser. He said he was happy with his wingers (so don't expect any big name wingers coming here).

Said wanted to improve defense and depth. So that is what I expect him to do. Now my question is: Is J. Faulk a small tweak? IMO yes. I don't he Faulk should cost a whole bunch to acquire.

Trade for Faulk and then improve the bottom 6 (J. Hansen, D. Ryan/Beagle/Brodziak, Roussel/Komarov, etc). He'll probably add 2-3 players at forward. And then 1 guy on defense (Faulk/Green)

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
You are ignoring the part where Subban is their top EV D man. His offence on the PP is a nice add, but he's a dominant force outside of that. You can't just replace that.

They were the seventh most prolific goalscoring team this year.

They need a goalie. That's it.
Ellis has been a career 5/5 producer and both in Montreal and Nashville now there has been runours he is a problem in dressing room , I would not be surprised at all if he is traded

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Ellis has been a career 5/5 producer

Ellis is very good. Having him and PK is better than just having Ellis.

and both in Montreal and Nashville now there has been runours he is a problem in dressing room , I would not be surprised at all if he is traded

I've heard nothing of any dressing room issues in Nashville. It's all been positive. I'd be shocked if Nashville trades PK because trading him would be stupid and they aren't a stupid organization

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This discussion misses the point for 2 reasons.

The first is that the reality of what the city is or isn't doesn't matter. The perception is what matters and the perception is that Edmonton is the opposite of an attractive destination.

The second is that even if we acknowledge the truth of the first it doesn't matter as anything but excuses. Any GM who signs on here is taking the job of turning the team into a contender and should be well aware of what he is getting into. He doesn't get a break because 'aw shucks nobody I wanted wants to play here.'

There was no point being made.

This was at the tail end of a discussion on the tax advantages and disadvantages of certain markets, that some in the media floated the idea of a cap adjustment to even the tax playing field, and how the idea was rejected out of hand by the league.

A joke was made about Winnipeg needing a cap adjustment increase because of their weather.

Naturally any GM will work with the advantages and disadvantages their market has. Vegas Nashville Dallas and the Florida teams use the tax advantage to attract talent and keep their cap hits down, Winnipeg drafts and develops due to necessity.

Reactions: oXo Cube

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ellis is very good. Having him and PK is better than just having Ellis.

I've heard nothing of any dressing room issues in Nashville. It's all been positive. I'd be shocked if Nashville trades PK because trading him would be stupid and they aren't a stupid organization
I don't care what you have heard because I have more than once lol
subban locker room trouble - Bing And that's just bing lol

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I don't care what you have heard because I have more than once lol
subban locker room trouble - Bing And that's just bing lol

Do you have a reliable source that there are issues this season or just a search page that includes all results from every clown rag and message board out there?

The only reason this has legs is because Freidman mentioned that Colorado asked for PK for Duchene and a bunch of clickbait sites picked that up and spun it as "he was almost traded."

Here's an actual Preds beatwriter's take which I'll take over something from some troll farm in Outer Slobovia:

The Predators are not actively looking to deal him, and they shouldn't be. He’s a huge part of this team, on the ice and in the locker room. I’ve detected absolutely nothing, in observing and in talking to people who see things I don’t see and who have no reason to lie, that would suggest he’s some kind of “problem” in the locker room.
I can’t sit here and tell you with absolute conviction that every person on this team loves Subban and everything about him, but I can tell you he fits in well to a strong locker room, or I have gone senile. If there’s actually some significant issue between Subban and his teammates, the Tennessean should fire me today.

Also, that makes the Predators an incredible collection of actors, and they should consider supplementing their hockey incomes as an off-Broadway troupe. My goodness, the club even went so far as to vote for Subban for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy for leadership on and off the ice and humanitarian contributions. Diabolical, pretending to respect him like that!

link

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Do you have a reliable source that there are issues this season or just a search page that includes all results from every clown rag and message board out there?

The only reason this has legs is because Freidman mentioned that Colorado asked for PK for Duchene and a bunch of clickbait sites picked that up and spun it as "he was almost traded."
Lol do you have a reliable source that says he is not You never quit man ever you just argue for sake of arguing

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Lol do you have a reliable source that says he is not You never quit man ever you just argue for sake of arguing

See my edits above and the comments from the GM included in the link. Reading it is a bit more work than posting a link to a web search but I know you can do it.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
See my edits above and the comments from the GM included in the link. Reading it is a bit more work than posting a link to a web search but I know you can do it.
Who cares Bergiven stated he was not being shopped only to be moved next day , also Strickland is pretty credible a lot more than you says he is being shopped . And Subban's personality could easily rub people the wrong way which has been mentioned times. Do you really think a GM is going to say he is a problem if he is trying to move him regardless if he is or not.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
Who exactly do we have in the top 6 RW? Unless the plan is to have both Yama and Puju there? yikes, looks like our winger depth will be trash once again.

They played Rattie there last year. I can see them grabbing a guy like J. Hansen (defense, speed, some size) and slot him beside McDavid and Nuge. They probably feel like they don't need a big name just a guy that can provide some cheap scoring and support for the duo.

For Drai....yeah I think Pulj will be the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad