Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Yeah but the only teams that impacted this year were the three Canadian ones and Arizona. So three teams not too worried about gate revenue and a team that didn't have a chance in hell anyways. :laugh:
You don’t think Edmonton/Calgary wants the playoff run/revenue instead?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Flordia:
Markus Niemelainen + 4th round draft pick (2018)

Edmonton:
Adam Mascherin

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Flordia:
Markus Niemelainen + 4th round draft pick (2018)

Edmonton:
Adam Mascherin

We don't have a fourth round pick in 2018. But yes, some amalgamation of this deal would be nice. Beyond Tyler Benson, the Condors don't really have much set up for them on the left side next season.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I bet he gets a 5x5 deal. He showed he can be effective without Mcdavid in Jersey.
Have fun with that, whoever signs him to that abomination. Maroon wasn't exactly a model for consistency. Expecting to keep up this production over that kind of term is extremely high risk.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
We don't have a fourth round pick in 2018. But yes, some amalgamation of this deal would be nice. Beyond Tyler Benson, the Condors don't really have much set up for them on the left side next season.
Yeah, the Oilers should be really looking to acquire Adam Mascherin. He could potentially play with one of McDavid or Drai because he has the skill to do it.

I think Markus Niemelainen + 4th round draft pick (2019) should be able to land Adam Mascherin considering that no team will give up a third round pick for him.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I wouldn’t mind Maroon returning, but at no more than 3.3x2. Gives us time to develop some prospects in Cali. Won’t be bummed if he doesn’t sign though. That Kane contract is shocking, and will only keep raising players asking prices :facepalm:

The FA I want most is JVR, I think he’d be much better than Looch as a net presence and wouldn’t consistently fail to pot in rebounds and cross crease passes. I also would like Grabner, he’d be a great speedy depth winger. Others would be Kovalchuk and Carlson, I don’t think Carlson is leaving and Kovalchuk is just a childhood dream signing of mine.

Thoughts on Rick Nash 1-2 year deal, at a cheap price of course? He’s old and slow now, but sometimes plays like prime Nash out of nowhere.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
I wouldn’t mind Maroon returning, but at no more than 3.3x2. Gives us time to develop some prospects in Cali. Won’t be bummed if he doesn’t sign though. That Kane contract is shocking, and will only keep raising players asking prices :facepalm:

The FA I want most is JVR, I think he’d be much better than Looch as a net presence and wouldn’t consistently fail to pot in rebounds and cross crease passes. I also would like Grabner, he’d be a great speedy depth winger. Others would be Kovalchuk and Carlson, I don’t think Carlson is leaving and Kovalchuk is just a childhood dream signing of mine.

Thoughts on Rick Nash 1-2 year deal, at a cheap price of course? He’s old and slow now, but sometimes plays like prime Nash out of nowhere.
Would absolutely love Kovy, Carlson but we have no chance. Grabner would be pretty good. No interest in Maroon or Nash, we are already too slow no need to add more bulk.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Nash is slow? Nash was a beast for Boston in the Toronto series. He's still quick, tough to knock off the puck and he's a high volume shooter. He'd be the perfect add for the Oilers. But odds are he's still looking for work in the US. And with the likelihood of him still seeing a contract in the $5m range, I think he's probably a better add at the deadline if he's only on a one year deal.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Would absolutely love Kovy, Carlson but we have no chance. Grabner would be pretty good. No interest in Maroon or Nash, we are already too slow no need to add more bulk.

Nash is a fairly fast winger, hes slowing down, but hes still probably got better footspeed than two thirds of the league.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Nash is slow? Nash was a beast for Boston in the Toronto series. He's still quick, tough to knock off the puck and he's a high volume shooter. He'd be the perfect add for the Oilers. But odds are he's still looking for work in the US. And with the likelihood of him still seeing a contract in the $5m range, I think he's probably a better add at the deadline if he's only on a one year deal.
I know, I watched him play for both the Rags and Bruins. On our team, yes, he is slow. I’m obviously not talking Lucic level slow though. Like I said, he has moments where he plays like prime Nash... I can’t see a team paying 5M for Nash, but after the Kane deal who knows

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Of course they will accept Seattle into the league. 500 million dollar expansion fee.

Its $650 Million for Seattle. $500M was for Vegas. So its a shade under $21 million of NON hockey related revenue for each owner. Seattle is getting voted in and the owners will put the screws the the GMs not to give Vegas 2 players when they only are entitled to one (are you listening Columbus, Florida, Minnesota?)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You don’t think Edmonton/Calgary wants the playoff run/revenue instead?

Nope. $21M (its $650M not 500M) is a lot more than whatever playoff gates bring in. There are no expenses tied to the money and it does not count as HRR so they dont have to share it. Trust me, they wont give a crap if Seattle wins the cup. And if they do blame the GMs of the teams for not recognizing their own talent. Not Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad