Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Would anyone be on board with giving Hemmer a PTO? IF he doesn't make the team and wants to call it quits, sign him to a 1 day deal and retire an Oiler. Hate to see him retire as a Hab.

well we don't currently have an "always offside" guy so we could use him.

Reactions: DasDrai

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No to Hemmer. Don't need to see him look like garbage and that be my last memory of him as an Oiler.
Last time he was actually healthy he still looked like a quality depth scorer and still had a fair amount of speed. I'd be fine with a PTO. He's a guy just looking to extend his career at this point. Coming back home with the potential to play with a skill center should be enough to light a fire under his ass.

I'm not sure how effective he'll be though. That concussion did a number on him from what I read.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Last time he was actually healthy he still looked like a quality depth scorer and still had a fair amount of speed. I'd be fine with a PTO. He's a guy just looking to extend his career at this point. Coming back home with the potential to play with a skill center should be enough to light a fire under his ass.

I'm not sure how effective he'll be though. That concussion did a number on him from what I read.
So in 2006?

Injury prone 34 year old coming off hip and concussion issues, not something I want to see or even see our team waste time playing him in training camp.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So in 2006?

Injury prone 34 year old coming off hip and concussion issues, not something I want to see or even see our team waste time playing him in training camp.
No, when he returned from injury in his final year in Dallas.

The truth is we're probably looking at a number of value options at UFA. Our depth chart could use a healthy dose of experienced NHL talent. And it'd be nice if one or two of those guys come in at under $1m. It's why I see us targeting guys who are coming off of horrendous statistical seasons--like Hansen and Matthias. We have a limited amount of space this summer and a number of organizational holes to fill.

There's no harm in inviting a seasoned veteran who's spent the majority of his NHL career in the city.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I don't know why Hemmer would return and risk further injury. What does he gain by returning? An extra million or so on top of the tens of millions he's already earned?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I keep coming back to Vanek on a one or two year deal for 1 to 2 mill-he was the guy many on this board wanted

yes--broken record here--but I would rather have Vanek on the team then see Yamamoto struggle again--still believe Yamamoto should not be on this team for at least one more year

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Some of these guys play because they love the game.

Almost all do. They still get to the point where their bodies just won't let them do it any more. Hemmer has played 22 games over the last two seasons. I'm all for a one-day contract so he can retire as an Oiler. But I think the PTO idea is a bit much.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Hopefully he earns it and isn't just placed there because of a lack of other options or a push from management.
Same could be said for all of our forwards, Leon and Connor excluded lol. I know what you mean though. At least RNH and Connor clicked, took long enough to play them on the same line.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I keep coming back to Vanek on a one or two year deal for 1 to 2 mill-he was the guy many on this board wanted

yes--broken record here--but I would rather have Vanek on the team then see Yamamoto struggle again--still believe Yamamoto should not be on this team for at least one more year
Vanek's production over the past few seasons is going to earn him a bit more than $2m. He might be looking at a multi year deal this summer in all honesty.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
With the Wild looking to make some changes and build their prospect pool up I wonder about looking at a guy like Niedereiter shaking lose for Puljujarvi + picks.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
With the Wild looking to make some changes and build their prospect pool up I wonder about looking at a guy like Niedereiter shaking lose for Puljujarvi + picks.
Thats pretty bad for us. Pulju for Nino is bad enough but you want add on top of that? If anyone is adding, it should be Minny.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hemmer is our Iginla, not skill level but has-beens who shouldn't return to their original team.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Matty saying we should sign Roussel. I kinda like that idea. Him and Kassian on the 4th live would drive teams nuts.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Matty saying we should sign Roussel. I kinda like that idea. Him and Kassian on the 4th live would drive teams nuts.
Not against signing him, but he was making 2mil a year. Not sure how much of a pay cut he'll take and he probably want multiple years again. Can't exactly afford to be paying 1.5mil to a 4th liner. We already have one in Kassian that needs to step up or he will be dealt at some point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

If we add Roussel we'd likely move Kassian IMO. We need to add speed and skill to our lineup. Roussel is a rat but a fairly skilled one.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Then you trade Pulju, not Pulju + picks. Personally I'd stick with Pulju. I'd prefer Coyle over Nino if given the choice.

Coyle's cheaper, but he's only got two years left on his deal versus four for Nino, who is also more productive and a year younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad