Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'd hate to trade a solid top 4 all around defensemen, that could develop into more, and keep a bottom 4 "poor man's Josi" just to clear cap space. But, I suppose there could be a solid hockey trade out there that makes sense for the roster and the cap.
I totally agree, and I don't know that the McDonagh trade was more than a one year trade. He brings a lot of value, for sure.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Fabbro is a better skater than Carrier. He doesn't have the quickness of Carrier in his first three steps going forward but everything about his edges while skating backwards and his leverage while in physical battles is better.

On the current roster they are somewhat even in pros and cons but very different players. I don't think it is in anyway a stretch to see Fabbro as having the higher potential and impact in future years.

Reactions: Armourboy

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If you don't mind, where?
I'd say his positioning overall, his responsibility overall and his play away from the puck overall is better. He plays one on one defense better and is better on odd man rushes. He still has the glaring turnover on occasion that leads to the "Fabbro sucks" from the local mics.

Carrier is better with the puck on his stick, has more confidence with the puck and is probably the better quarterback. However, Carrier is constantly out of position, leaves his partner on an island often as he gets caught up ice and is weak on the boards

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'd say his positioning overall, his responsibility overall and his play away from the puck overall is better. He plays one on one defense better and is better on odd man rushes. He still has the glaring turnover on occasion that leads to the "Fabbro sucks" from the local mics.

Carrier is better with the puck on his stick, has more confidence with the puck and is probably the better quarterback. However, Carrier is constantly out of position, leaves his partner on an island often as he gets caught up ice and is weak on the boards
... and in front of the net.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I'll give it to Carrier that he is a battler in front of the net, he will grind it out but he has trouble getting the leverage to get the job done sometimes which leads to the player he's battling still get his stick on the puck in and around the crease to much.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
My eyes are to the Time on Ice. Carrier is getting on average 3:30 minutes more a game, he's paired with Josi, he's getting a wider variety of situations; EV, PP, PK. The reason why I call him 'Poor man's Ekholm' is his usage break down is similar to Ekholm's. Similar even strength time, similar PP time, similar PK time. I'm going to do a breakdown of Carrier's TOI vs. Ekholm's TOI at age 25. I'll post what I see here.

1665424587182.png

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
My eyes are to the Time on Ice. Carrier is getting on average 3:30 minutes more a game, he's paired with Josi, he's getting a wider variety of situations; EV, PP, PK. The reason why I call him 'Poor man's Ekholm' is his usage break down is similar to Ekholm's. Similar even strength time, similar PP time, similar PK time. I'm going to do a breakdown of Carrier's TOI vs. Ekholm's TOI at age 25. I'll post what I see here.
Sample size?

Last season Fabbro had more even strength time on ice than Carrier but Fabbro didn't play much special teams.

This season, they've played 2 games.

Fabbro is now anchoring a line for the first time in his career, he's also getting pk time for the first time in his career. Even if it's the 3rd pairing, he's the anchor and that's something Carrier has yet to do.

Carrier and Ekholm couldn't be more different, no matter what their TOI is.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

View attachment 592240
Carrier isn't going to grow 5 inches and 40 pounds of muscle anytime soon....

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Ingram seemed to show some promise intermittently through his ups and downs and we all thought he was on track as the Preds backup for this season but it seems that the Saros injury that forced Ingram into the starters roll in the playoffs revealed something management didn't like.

Other than he was sort of just, meh, in the playoffs we as fans really had no idea he was on the way out until the Lankinen signing happened.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Coyotes fan coming in peace. How should we feel, Preds fans?
He's much better than Vejjie. But that's not saying much.

I think he's coming along, but he's not ready for prime time. He''s not going to take over any games for you guys any day soon.

Reactions: RABBIT

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Coyotes fan coming in peace. How should we feel, Preds fans?
He has definitely earned the chance. He has crushed the AHL over multiple seasons, and earned the 1-way deal the Preds had projected him to for this season.

The NHL mindset might not like that he's smart/a bit of a smart-ass? I don't know how far we can speculate/reach down some of those corridors as fans-in-the-peanut-gallery. He has had some "off-ice adventures and personal issues" in the past, let's say. But his play speaks for itself.

We haven't actually seen him play a lot in Nashville. To me, on a relatively small sample, I would say that he looks like a guy who is technically sound, judges his angles very well, plays his position intelligently, and despite maybe being slightly undersized by modern goaltending standards you would never really guess that, because everything sort of "just hits him in the chest" when he's on. He is not super-athletic or endowed with marvelous reflexes or physical superpowers. But he understands how to play the position. At an above-average level.

So who really knows... he is ready for this challenge. To me, if he's the goalie behind a solid D, he'll absolutely excel. A lot of his AHL teams have been very good, actually. If he's "challenged" behind a weak team... well that might be interesting. I guess that is what we'll find out. It is the right time for him to try his hand at the NHL level anyway. If your team really sucks bad... maybe that won't be quite ideal for him. But it's still his big chance, and better than being in the AHL again. For him, it's the right time. I wouldn't bet money on him sticking, nor bet against him. It's up in the air.

YMMV, just my $.02 from relatively limited viewing.

:dunno:

Reactions: RABBIT

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We got ingram for essentially free from tampa. He then had a great season in Milwaukee. Covid hit and he played a little overseas where his team got hit with a scandle for possibly throwing a game. He came back and entered the player assistance program. Got out of that and played some ahl games in Chicago. Didnt do great and then i cant remember if he got injured or not. Last season he spent most his time in Milwaukee and had a decent season. Got called up after saros went down and did meh in the regular season before having a pretty good playoff run. Went back to ahl after we were out and was majorly outplayed in the playoffs by Cooley. He was just outplayed by Lankinen in the preseason. I wish him the best but hes been very up and down. There's a nhl caliber backup in there if he can work on consistency. Wish him the best.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
We got ingram for essentially free from tampa. He then had a great season in Milwaukee. Covid hit and he played a little overseas where his team got hit with a scandle for possibly throwing a game. He came back and entered the player assistance program. Got out of that and played some ahl games in Chicago. Didnt do great and then i cant remember if he got injured or not. Last season he spent most his time in Milwaukee and had a decent season. Got called up after saros went down and did meh in the regular season before having a pretty good playoff run. Went back to ahl after we were out and was majorly outplayed in the playoffs by Cooley. He was just outplayed by Lankinen in the preseason. I wish him the best but hes been very up and down. There's a nhl caliber backup in there if he can work on consistency. Wish him the best.
this - he gets looked at with rose colored glasses bc of his battle with adversity and the destigmatization and push for more transparency regarding mental illness which is popular in the current zeitgeist. from
a pure hockey perspective , there is no loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad