Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Turning on the fans to die on the Todd Reirden hill is definitely... A choice.

Smooth move, Rob. I mean... not that any of us with a handful of brain cells to rub together took you seriously, anyhow.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
That's such a f-ing embarrassing take. Mike Sullivan gets paid millions to coach, and if he did get fired he'd get hired somewhere else pretty much immediately. And probably make even more money in the process.

Reirden will have no trouble finding another job in hockey either.

Yohe and Rossi are such embarrassments
I don't share (just don't care that much) in a lot of the visceral hatred many have for Yohe and Rossi, but you're right, this take is f-ing embarrassing. Rob now holds himself out as the aribiter of "vitriolic behavior" for the Pennsylvania NHL fan community? One would have hoped before he posted this, a circuit breaker would have interrupted the process with a "Yo, Rob, you're really not going to tweet such childish shit, are you?" Poor guy...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I’m glad Robs bio has informed me that he’s only sexually attracted to people after he forms a strong emotional bond with them. Really f***ing needed to known that thanks.

On one hand I would say that this really didn't need to be shared. On the other if I had to learn something so horrific my misery would want company, too.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Funniest part about that Rossi tweet is that him and Yohe went so hard after Hextall last year that it became almost personal. Some of their articles were borderline unprofessional if not flat out unprofessional. To call out fans like that after their own hypocritical behavior is insulting.
This take is so spot on it’s embarrassing for them. They routinely called for Hextall’s head, I think in part cause he was abrasive with the press and gave them nothing, so the hypocrisy is through the roof. If anything the worse part is the hypocrisy

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Yohe chimes in. Take it for what it's worth.

There’s no rift between Sullivan and Dubas. It’s been reported elsewhere that there is. Those reports are laughably false.

Perhaps they didn’t agree on the Reirden decision. That’s quite possible. But I assure you they have a very good working relationship and are very much on the same page. Anything else that you read is utterly untrue.

If Yohe reported it, then the opposite is true.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
That's such a f-ing embarrassing take. Mike Sullivan gets paid millions to coach, and if he did get fired he'd get hired somewhere else pretty much immediately. And probably make even more money in the process.

Reirden will have no trouble finding another job in hockey either.

Yohe and Rossi are such embarrassments
1714780242961.png

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Friedman/Marek touch on Sullivan on 32 Thoughts. Note that this was recorded before Reirden was officially dismissed.

Friedman believes Sullivan is staying. He said someone compared the situation to when Dubas became GM in Toronto and inherited Mike Babcock, who was an established coach with deep ties. Friedman said Babcock and Dubas had to work together, though eventually Babcock got fired. Friedman doesn't think that's on the radar right now, but that it's a similar feeling out process where Dubas and Sullivan are sorting out how it will all work.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Most of the noise around a rift is coming from Seravali and uh yea, take anything he says regarding Dubas as a bold faced lie until proven otherwise

Reactions: Factorial

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Friedman/Marek touch on Sullivan on 32 Thoughts. Note that this was recorded before Reirden was officially dismissed.

Friedman believes Sullivan is staying. He said someone compared the situation to when Dubas became GM in Toronto and inherited Mike Babcock, who was an established coach with deep ties. Friedman said Babcock and Dubas had to work together, though eventually Babcock got fired. Friedman doesn't think that's on the radar right now, but that it's a similar feeling out process where Dubas and Sullivan are sorting out how it will all work.

I never once believed Sullivan would be fired after this season. But with the way Dubas immediately fired the WBS coaches plus now it seems like he always wanted to fire Reirden for a while now, I do think that if we start out slow next season, firing Sullivan is absolutely on the table.

Reactions: akapidots

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I never once believed Sullivan would be fired after this season. But with the way Dubas immediately fired the WBS coaches plus now it seems like he always wanted to fire Reirden for a while now, I do think that if we start out slow next season, firing Sullivan is absolutely on the table.
I think it was always more likely to be after at least a full year of Dubas being in charge. Dubas has always had the power to fire Sullivan, but he probably feels he needs to have shown the steps taken prior to that move in order to get full support from FSG. If this team stinks in December, he'll be able to say that they've had two full offseasons to try to reshape the team, they've added a new assistant, etc. and the results are still the same or worse, so it's time to make a grander change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad